• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
This may not be popular but where is Lapata? He left because he would not be bullied by Ratty, (although I do wonder if there was more to it), he was a defender who pushed us forward. THAT Barnet game!
Any more Harrison Neales at The Blades?
Bench at Barnsley yesterday. Unsure we would drop down this low again but he needs to be playing. Personally I think the center backs we have are enough. (Even though Gubbins got torn apart yesterday, he will get better I'm sure) With crowther to come back that's healthy competition.

This may not be popular but where is Lapata? He left because he would not be bullied by Ratty, (although I do wonder if there was more to it), he was a defender who pushed us forward. THAT Barnet game!
Out team was better that period than it is today Harrison neale Zack brunt lopata Hobson clear upgrades that the players we have brought in to replace .. Kensdale lovely lad just look at his marking for their goal heā€™s not as good as you
All think ā€¦ Iā€™ll cherish them all but at some point we have to decide if we want to be a non league charity club or have aspiration to return to the football league again at some point the gates will stop increasing

Can't see Maher ever entertaining the idea of having him back after the carnival around his departure.

With all due respect, people are crying out for a forward-thinking central midfielder with the potential for goals and assists in him.......so why would we go for Harrison Neale? No arguments from me around his quality, but not sure he's what we need at the moment.

Out team was better that period than it is today Harrison neale Zack brunt lopata Hobson clear upgrades that the players we have brought in to replace .. Kensdale lovely lad just look at his marking for their goal heā€™s not as good as you
All think ā€¦ Iā€™ll cherish them all but at some point we have to decide if we want to be a non league charity club or have aspiration to return to the football league again at some point the gates will stop increasing
You mention lots of defenders, yet we conceded the same amount of goals last season without Lopata and Hobson, as we did the season before with them.

Defence isn't our problem.

On Zak Brunt - I'll always be grateful to him for coming in at a difficult time for us and taking to the club so well, but I do feel he flatters to deceive. He gets labelled as a "creative midfielder", but show me his wonderful assist and goal stats. Clue: they're not that wonderful. Again, I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment.

Personally I think we need to use our resources for at least two creative midfielders, no point having decent strikers unless you create chances for them!

As an aside, the boards that we all held up for 5mins must have cost Solo Press a few bob, perhaps it may have been better spent doating towards the players budget?

Can't see Maher ever entertaining the idea of having him back after the carnival around his departure.

With all due respect, people are crying out for a forward-thinking central midfielder with the potential for goals and assists in him.......so why would we go for Harrison Neale? No arguments from me around his quality, but not sure he's what we need at the moment.

You mention lots of defenders, yet we conceded the same amount of goals last season without Lopata and Hobson, as we did the season before with them.

Defence isn't our problem.

On Zak Brunt - I'll always be grateful to him for coming in at a difficult time for us and taking to the club so well, but I do feel he flatters to deceive. He gets labelled as a "creative midfielder", but show me his wonderful assist and goal stats. Clue: they're not that wonderful. Again, I'm not sure he's what we need at the moment.
Absolutely spot on there James.

Flynn Clarke is the type Iā€™d be looking at but appears Lowestoft have now signed him, remarkable heā€™s dropped that low.

Is it just me but I really think that we need an absolute gem to fill the attacking midfield position. It has become clear that it is almost the final piece in the jigsaw and so I think we need a real star to come in and take us to that next level. Iā€™m not good with lower league names to be honest but someone who can create and score goals is an absolute must.

Budget permitting obviouslyā€¦!

Is it just me but I really think that we need an absolute gem to fill the attacking midfield position. It has become clear that it is almost the final piece in the jigsaw and so I think we need a real star to come in and take us to that next level. Iā€™m not good with lower league names to be honest but someone who can create and score goals is an absolute must.

Budget permitting obviouslyā€¦!
I agree itā€™s the biggest gap. Anyone with thoughts on who that could be or is Rafferty that man?

Morrison would i think be out of our price range when it comes to wages ,but that Adelukan sounds good also the Brazilian winger played at Sheffield United. there was an AM 31 years old Irishman that on the read could do a very good job for us also O brian i think his name was ., yes there was some very good CD but think we well off in that position.

Back