• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
But we were in that situation, so it is progress.
I know. I think my point was just that the fact we can have more players than this point last year but still have a smaller squad than a lot of sides in this division. I know Kevā€™s alluded to wanting to run with a smaller squad anyway but I think most on here are in agreement weā€™re still a bit light in some areas.

I know. I think my point was just that the fact we can have more players than this point last year but still have a smaller squad than a lot of sides in this division. I know Kevā€™s alluded to wanting to run with a smaller squad anyway but I think most on here are in agreement weā€™re still a bit light in some areas.

Kev is in agreement too, he has said that numerous times but people seem to be ignoring that.

People were working round the clock yesterday to get that centre forward in, but it hasnā€™t happened yet.

No one at the club is sitting around saying itā€™ll be a laugh if we donā€™t fill those vacancies in the squad.

Kev is in agreement too, he has said that numerous times but people seem to be ignoring that.

People were working round the clock yesterday to get that centre forward in, but it hasnā€™t happened yet.

No one at the club is sitting around saying itā€™ll be a laugh if we donā€™t fill those vacancies in the squad.
Yeah I fully expect us to get players in to plug the gaps. Ronā€™s not here to pull the rug beneath our feet anymore.

Have to agree, seen many comments about the squad being light as although it's something Kev hasn't himself highlighted on various occasions. Work in progress!

Stop coating it itā€™s not been good enough and thatā€™s that we got outplayed today and the bench they had to our was ridiculous.. we need to start acting like the size of club we are! Go get the players we want or donā€™t go for the ones you canā€™t afford because thatā€™s what we are doing

Stop coating it itā€™s not been good enough and thatā€™s that we got outplayed today and the bench they had to our was ridiculous.. we need to start acting like the size of club we are! Go get the players we want or donā€™t go for the ones you canā€™t afford because thatā€™s what we are doing
Itā€™s the first game of the season ā€¦ Jesus more will come there is another 45 games to play yet

Itā€™s the first game of the season ā€¦ Jesus more will come there is another 45 games to play yet
I have my opinion and today was way offā€¦ we canā€™t get deals over the line why?? Everyone else seems to? Even the keeper today was probably 3rd or 4th choice itā€™s not good enough! But donā€™t doubt my commitment Iā€™m going Hartlepool next week just stating facts

Yet, we scored the same amount of goals, and have the same amount of points as them.

I have my opinion and today was way offā€¦ we canā€™t get deals over the line why?? Everyone else seems to? Even the keeper today was probably 3rd or 4th choice itā€™s not good enough! But donā€™t doubt my commitment Iā€™m going Hartlepool next week just stating facts
Also why canā€™t we get pedder over the line heā€™s a free agent fffs its poor from us but again my opinion

Yet, we scored the same amount of goals, and have the same amount of points as them.
Donā€™t hind behind what you just watched I understand it but we are way off and I canā€™t get my head round why we canā€™t sign players unless you can explain why we signed that keeper today when he was way down the list?

Donā€™t hind behind what you just watched I understand it but we are way off and I canā€™t get my head round why we canā€™t sign players unless you can explain why we signed that keeper today when he was way down the list?

I didnā€™t see the game, so canā€™t comment on the performance. Before the game I felt a point would be a good result, so not overly disappointed, but obviously feels worse when you concede late.

If we wanted to sign someone tomorrow, we could. But that person might not be the required quality, character, position, personality or whatever. But finding the types of players that tick all the boxes isnā€™t as easy as it is on football manager.

We signed Hillson as he has been training with us, he is available, and happy to help at the minute. Itā€™s a deal that suits both parties. He is getting a wage, coaching and so forth. We get cover in a position that needs it.

If we agree terms with another keeper we think is the answer, Hillson and us will part ways. However, he may prove to be the answer, and this allows us to keep a closer eye on him. He is training with us, and if he is the answer, he gets put onto a ā€œproperā€ contract. Also, if he gets an offer elsewhere, he is able to walk away.

For now, it suits all parties.

I didnā€™t see the game, so canā€™t comment on the performance. Before the game I felt a point would be a good result, so not overly disappointed, but obviously feels worse when you concede late.

If we wanted to sign someone tomorrow, we could. But that person might not be the required quality, character, position, personality or whatever. But finding the types of players that tick all the boxes isnā€™t as easy as it is on football manager.

We signed Hillson as he has been training with us, he is available, and happy to help at the minute. Itā€™s a deal that suits both parties. He is getting a wage, coaching and so forth. We get cover in a position that needs it.

If we agree terms with another keeper we think is the answer, Hillson and us will part ways. However, he may prove to be the answer, and this allows us to keep a closer eye on him. He is training with us, and if he is the answer, he gets put onto a ā€œproperā€ contract. Also, if he gets an offer elsewhere, he is able to walk away.

For now, it suits all parties.
And free agent pedder? No Complications if we want him sign him!

Back