• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Fed up with all the waiting tbh if it was meant to be it would of happened by now, unless it's more to do with the EFL window and everyone keeping their options open as long as possible?

Nothing to do with the EFL window and everything to do with Maher not liking to show his hand IMO.

Weā€™ve had countless signings where the signing is announced at night accompanied by a photo taken in broad daylight or the other way round.

Maher likes to announce signings at the last minute.

Don't forget guys and gals, COSU were still finding SUFC debts, etc, as the deal was being done. So they couldn't fully commit to a squad and a transfer budget until the deal was done and dusted. Now they know where they stand. So they allowed just a few players to be signed. Now it's their choice to make the club self sustaining(Which is very hard to do, but not impossible), or whether they want to pump even more of their own money into the club, in pursuit of promotion and all the benefits. So basically, we are on catch up. There are loads of players being looked at. We just have to be patient and let it unfold, and see what COSU want to do regarding the player budget. One thing for sure, we will be on the same starting blocks as the other clubs at the start of next season, so we could have all the signings done by the first or 2nd game.

Nothing to do with the EFL window and everything to do with Maher not liking to show his hand IMO.

Weā€™ve had countless signings where the signing is announced at night accompanied by a photo taken in broad daylight or the other way round.

Maher likes to announce signings at the last minute.
If that is the case today then hoorah for that, and also fixing the "leaks".

Even if we signed him today Iā€™d expect him to be on the bench at best , no need to rush if he is carrying an injury.
If I was Kev Iā€™d probably like to see a bit more of him before committing albeit in the glimpses heā€™s looked good

My thoughts on anyone new coming in ,wait until the team is announced today then you will have your answers. I think Maher and co keeping quiet for a reason.

Fed up with all the waiting tbh if it was meant to be it would of happened by now, unless it's more to do with the EFL window and everyone keeping their options open as long as possible?
We are lucky to have a club. Letā€™s be positive eh. We donā€™t need players right now. We have a great squad that would have gone up last year and 10/11 of those likely to start today. We will add to it, but chill out a bit and enjoy opening day!

Feels a bit late now for anyone to come in

Donā€™t you get fed up of the constant down beat messages you fill compelled to type? For all we know, players were signed and registered with the league yesterday and therefore will be allowed to feature in the match day squad.

That said, you may be absolutely right and we havenā€™t signed anyone else yet which you know what? Thatā€™s fine too. The squad we have already has enough quality in it and available to us to get past todayā€™s fixture.

I donā€™t mean to aim frustrations at yourself but mate come on, at points during the summer it looked as if we wouldnā€™t even have a club to support anymore and yet a few on here want to do nothing but just moan about the lack of recruitment made so far. I think perspective is needed for a few of you right now.

Donā€™t you get fed up of the constant down beat messages you fill compelled to type? For all we know, players were signed and registered with the league yesterday and therefore will be allowed to feature in the match day squad.

That said, you may be absolutely right and we havenā€™t signed anyone else yet which you know what? Thatā€™s fine too. The squad we have already has enough quality in it and available to us to get past todayā€™s fixture.

I donā€™t mean to aim frustrations at yourself but mate come on, at points during the summer it looked as if we wouldnā€™t even have a club to support anymore and yet a few on here want to do nothing but just moan about the lack of recruitment made so far. I think perspective is needed for a few of you right now.
I literally made a point? Expressing my opinion that it's probably a bit too late IN MY OPINION.. Are you alright?

I also have not moaned about that lack of recruitment once actually.. so maybe check your facts before you so confidently come at me

I literally made a point? Expressing my opinion that it's probably a bit too late IN MY OPINION.. Are you alright?

I also have not moaned about that lack of recruitment once actually.. so maybe check your facts before you so confidently come at me

Maybe read my reply again, especially this bit.. "I donā€™t mean to aim frustrations at yourself". However, a signing has been announced, will that satisfy those who are desperate for signings?

Back