• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Sorry, was my youngests sons 1st birthday yesterday.

Iā€™m expecting one, possibly two to be announced today. Everyone can work out the one.

I have the name of the league one goalkeeper, however the goalkeeping situation is ever changing, so Iā€™m not expecting it to be him that comes through the door.

As for the centre forward, I havenā€™t got the name yet, but I have had a couple of names on this thread ruled out.

Just the one today.

Pedderā€™s hamstring isnā€™t 100% which is why he hasnā€™t been announced yet.

We were close to a centre forward, so hopefully we wrap that up next week.

I havenā€™t got hold of the name yet. I have names, but havenā€™t narrowed it down too much. Iā€™ve ruled out a couple that have been mentioned on here.
I think it could be Connor Wilkinson u thinking the same or not

Last edited:
Spoke to an orient supporting mate on Conor Wilkinson , his verdict ; got the ability on his day , but has an attitude problem

Hopefully he is well known in National League, any clue?
You can have 10 40 goal a season centre forwards but they would all be lucky to score 20 goals between them with this mind numbingly dull style of football ā€¦ ffs we needed a stronger midfield last year and nothing was done and now we need even more reinforcements in that area ā€¦ ooh to have someone that has a proven track record of being able to do that in this league

You can have 10 40 goal a season centre forwards but they would all be lucky to score 20 goals between them with this mind numbingly dull style of football ā€¦ ffs we needed a stronger midfield last year and nothing was done and now we need even more reinforcements in that area ā€¦ ooh to have someone that has a proven track record of being able to do that in this league
Just need someone to get the balls into those areas. Give the strikers half a chance

Sadly the team is not strong enough to see out games Kevin Maher needs at least 3 more At today's showing mid table al best Even after one game
I tend to agree, our game is reliant on all our players playing well and pressing high for 90 minutes, like we did in the first half hour. When we take our foot off the gas we are vulnerable and when pinned down dont have any outlets.

Its like watching Southgates England (and thats not a compliment)

My thoughts on anyone new coming in ,wait until the team is announced today then you will have your answers. I think Maher and co keeping quiet for a reason.
You were absolutely right. They were keeping quiet because sod all had happened in the transfers department!

Hillson was very welcome news, but a sub keeper is hardly likely to make Hinshelwood throw his tactical plans in the bin.

Back