• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
Let's hope not. Players like Shaun Goater and Spinner would have never been signed.

Players should be treated as individuals not dictated by age. It's weighing up the pros and cons which the players can bring. Almost every successful team has some experienced players.
Agree, maher is all about players character so id trust his judgement

Have a feeling and no inside knowledge but still think we might announce a couple of signings tomorrow. No benefit in announcing today but surely Pedder must be one otherwise why would he still be training and taking part in pre match plans. As for another you would assume a keeper. Just a feeling thatā€™s all

Have a feeling and no inside knowledge but still think we might announce a couple of signings tomorrow. No benefit in announcing today but surely Pedder must be one otherwise why would he still be training and taking part in pre match plans. As for another you would assume a keeper. Just a feeling thatā€™s all
Letā€™s hope so because we only have 16 players for tomorrow as it stands

Yeah thatā€™s what I think. Just out of nowhere surprise York with Pedder and TshimangašŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Fairly sure he played LWB for the majority of the season. Also can play as a more attacking midfielder

Just asked an Aldershot fan and heā€™s come back with ā€˜Out wide mostly but was on the bench a lot. Can play a variety of positions!ā€™

Last edited:
@BoyWonder2 any hope of one or two in today. Assume Pedder must be a done deal to still be at the club training with the squad etc. Would be great to get him in on what ive heard about him.

Sorry, was my youngests sons 1st birthday yesterday.

Iā€™m expecting one, possibly two to be announced today. Everyone can work out the one.

I have the name of the league one goalkeeper, however the goalkeeping situation is ever changing, so Iā€™m not expecting it to be him that comes through the door.

As for the centre forward, I havenā€™t got the name yet, but I have had a couple of names on this thread ruled out.

I take your point but we really shouldnā€™t be seeing that as ā€œprogressā€.

We should never have been in that situation where a fully professional football team could barely field a team, let alone fill a bench.
Neither should we should have been in a situation where the Club's then owner was potless and looting the Club for all he was worth. **** happens sadly. Good eventually prevailed so maybe progress is the right word this time.

I take your point but we really shouldnā€™t be seeing that as ā€œprogressā€.

We should never have been in that situation where a fully professional football team could barely field a team, let alone fill a bench.
It is progress though, albeit from such a dire situation.

Starting the season with 10 points more than last season is also progress, like it or not.

Having competent ownership that cares about the club, its fans and the community is also progress.

Heck, even taking a pee without having to face off with fungi is progress.

These are facts. Facts that show the steps we've taken from the depths of despair and should be recognised and remembered (especially when we lose perspective and start to chase dreams beyond our means).

Back