• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked in property development finance for over 20 years & worked on hundreds of schemes with S106 payments, so I am pretty well qualified to talk on this.

The payment of the £20m, is simply an amount due in the 106, like a highways contribution or an affordable housing requirement or an education payment towards a new school.

It is therefore a “fundable cost”, just like any other cost in the appraisal of the development, and would be treated no differently to any of the following; land cost, build cost, professional fees, interest, contingency etc..

If the payment was a profit share, it would be much more contentious as that would bring in the chance of people playing fast and loose.

But as it stands, it is really a simple line item in scheme with a value of £300m plus.

My guess is Rat JR wants to renegotiate it into more of a profit share paid at the end - because right now, the £20m should be paid pretty much as soon as the development starts and anyone looking at the finance of this (with half a brain) would essentially treat it as an additional land payment to facilitate the scheme.

I have worked in property development finance for over 20 years & worked on hundreds of schemes with S106 payments, so I am pretty well qualified to talk on this.

The payment of the £20m, is simply an amount due in the 106, like a highways contribution or an affordable housing requirement or an education payment towards a new school.

It is therefore a “fundable cost”, just like any other cost in the appraisal of the development, and would be treated no differently to any of the following; land cost, build cost, professional fees, interest, contingency etc..

If the payment was a profit share, it would be much more contentious as that would bring in the chance of people playing fast and loose.

But as it stands, it is really a simple line item in scheme with a value of £300m plus.

My guess is Rat JR wants to renegotiate it into more of a profit share paid at the end - because right now, the £20m should be paid pretty much as soon as the development starts and anyone looking at the finance of this (with half a brain) would essentially treat it as an additional land payment to facilitate the scheme.

It was stated as 20m from profits I think. Can S106 be used to finance private activities or only council/public like schools, doctors etc?

It was stated as 20m from profits I think. Can S106 be used to finance private activities or only council/public like schools, doctors etc?
Correct. £20m from the development profits and within 10 years I believe it said in the council meeting notes. Hence why I presume the consortium are trying to sort this in a legally binding agreement that Rat Jr & associates cannot renege on. Or at the very least massively reduce the risk, as when you are working with that lot, there is always going to be a degree of risk, no matter how watertight the paperwork.

Correct. £20m from the development profits and within 10 years I believe it said in the council meeting notes. Hence why I presume the consortium are trying to sort this in a legally binding agreement that Rat Jr & associates cannot renege on. Or at the very least massively reduce the risk, as when you are working with that lot, there is always going to be a degree of risk, no matter how watertight the paperwork.
I can’t help but worry that the £20m payment will be earmarked to come from one of the fraudsters many companies, possibly a new company with the sole intention of not paying the club.

@Ian Benjamin what are the forms of redress should a S106 be breached?

Under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended, contributions can be sought from developers towards the costs of providing community and social infrastructure, the need for which has arisen as a result of a new development taking place.

Under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990, as amended, contributions can be sought from developers towards the costs of providing community and social infrastructure, the need for which has arisen as a result of a new development taking place.
The problem is that the developers very often renege on the deal and the Council's are reluctant to pursue the matter due to legal costs.

Here’s a couple of posts from a different thread (they were off topic on that thread). They don’t appear to have been widely discussed:
Hear 16th is now the date being talked about for the takeover but so far nothing has happened as talked about so who knows !?

So the next significant date of ratboy’s housing passion. God, I hate the cunit.

Yeah, could be back to 16 but ideally we need Mooney and beau to be replaced (for different reasons)
So, 16th December is now being mooted as the next significant target date - the date of an SCC decision on a planning matter for ratty junior.

That’s a Saturday, the day of the Bromley match at home. Seems a little unlikely as a planning hearing date? Either way can SCC not bring it forward? Put some pressure on the rat clan to get their collective asses in gear?

Someone (other than the rats) needs to bring the non-rodent parties together (consortium, Shrimpers Trust, Tom Lawrence, SCC, Anna Firth etc) and plan an agreed route to forcing the rats to sign over the club and Roots Hall, and for them to be on the hook in a watertight way to pay up £20M, in the shortest reasonable time possible. Then act on that plan in a unified and coordinated way to get this **** sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back