• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the deal is in doubt at all. I just think that the rat clan believe the pressure is all on the other side, as the club, management, players and fans all suffer as this drags on - and any feint hopes for this season dwindle as time goes by. It’s no skin off the rats noses - Ratty Towers at Fossetts is years away.

That’s why all the other stakeholders have to get together and agree how to force the issue. If they don’t, the rats will continue playing silly buggers trying to squeeze every last dime out that they can - and try every trick in the book to get off the hook for any remaining skeletons and the £20M.

Patience won’t work.

The City Council are the ones with the cards in hand to hurt the rats - they need to play these at last and make it clear in no uncertain terms that it’s very much in the rats’ interest to sort this properly and then disappear from view for good.

I think Ratty senior (and probably junior too) actually enjoys the notoriety of all this.

Just thinking off the top of my head (so there’s probably a million holes in this idea) but why don’t the council say they will up their share of the outcome in Fossetts by a value equivalent to £20M as a condition of planning consent and only reduce that in future in line with funds paid by rat the club?

They are (IIRC) due to benefit from some of the affordable housing / rents from some properties etc. Well, whatever it is tell Rat that they will bump its value up by £20M i.e. get more affordable homes / rents from more flats and/or for longer, etc (for example). Then it is in the rat’s interest to cough up the £20M as less ‘non-affordable’ homes hits his profits beyond the £20M as affordable homes will have less value each, and more flats would be needed to reach an overall value £20M, than the fancier ones. So he has to lose more than £20M worth of fancy flats to account for an extra £20M worth of affordable flats for the Council.

I know this all sounds a bit Heath Robinson. I suppose what I want to do is point in the general direction of some action the council could take. What shape that has in the end they will be able to work out better than me, but this is the type of action that rats understand.

Its astonishing how its dragging for sure, but lets face it even buying a house takes 100 times longer then it should in this country.. months of waiting while people push paper around, and this deal is incredibly multi faceted due to rons pit of sh it, property and the council being involved.

We arent talking about pennies here, this is serious cash.

Keep the faith people. We seem to play better "against all odds" anyway 😙.

The sad thing for me is despite the fabulous squad and management in reality i think we have to write yet another season off in this tinpot league for the greater good, which makes it all seem rather pointless 😔

Just thinking off the top of my head (so there’s probably a million holes in this idea) but why don’t the council say they will up their share of the outcome in Fossetts by a value equivalent to £20M as a condition of planning consent and only reduce that in future in line with funds paid by rat the club?

They are (IIRC) due to benefit from some of the affordable housing / rents from some properties etc. Well, whatever it is tell Rat that they will bump its value up by £20M i.e. get more affordable homes / rents from more flats and/or for longer, etc (for example). Then it is in the rat’s interest to cough up the £20M as less ‘non-affordable’ homes hits his profits beyond the £20M as affordable homes will have less value each, and more flats would be needed to reach an overall value £20M, than the fancier ones. So he has to lose more than £20M worth of fancy flats to account for an extra £20M worth of affordable flats for the Council.

I know this all sounds a bit Heath Robinson. I suppose what I want to do is point in the general direction of some action the council could take. What shape that has in the end they will be able to work out better than me, but this is the type of action that rats understand.
I have to say this notion of "out of profits" is not what I would have gone with. It just invites issues. Who determines what constitutes profits? Under which entity will profits be shown and how will they be measured? Its not the hardest task to "adjust" profits or where they shown/are taken. Bizarre choice of mechanism if true- maybe born out of Ron/developers seeking to question overall profitability of the venture or whatever. Certainly this way doesn't make the clubs position easier.

Of course it is blindingly obvious that the best approach would be to use SCC as honest broker. SCC adjust what they pay Ron/developers to lease the properties over the initial X period and pass to the club. Maybe this is what is happening. But if the former of course it opens a can of worms.

More generally avoiding a running commentary is fair enough. But I do think passing deadlines does require some sort of communication at least. But who cares as long as we get there- which I feel we will. But why take seriously the 16th Dec timeline- why is this any more likely than the others? Which is the developing issue..

The deal will get done, Panic merchants ,just stay calm and be patient ,we have waited a long time for new owners a little longer wont hurt .
TBF a don't think many are panicking. More a mixture of some concern, but mostly frustration. Once again, dragging our thoughts back to the players and staff, who are readily forgotten, this is killing them...

TBF a don't think many are panicking. More a mixture of some concern, but mostly frustration. Once again, dragging our thoughts back to the players and staff, who are readily forgotten, this is killing them...
Not going to happen…..Ron is , and always has been in control , protests outside his house will not have pleased him and this nasty little man will get his own back whatever!

That's to logical for our Council to grasp.
Perhaps it is not contractually possible to do that.
However.
My father used to say that if you can't do it. Teach it. If you can't teach it go into politics.
There you will find the vast majority of people with low common scence.
With a budget short fall of £14m they
Clearly can't add up 2 +2 =4

Honest question, what if the Consortium issue a brief 'Statement' along the lines, 'Negotiations are still ongoing, we understand supporters frustration but would request their continued patience. We genuinely believe any recommence of protests action would be detrimental to completion' So no promises no new dates but basically a don't do it message! All hypothetical at this stage, but if they did what you going to do?

Honest question, what if the Consortium issue a brief 'Statement' along the lines, 'Negotiations are still ongoing, we understand supporters frustration but would request their continued patience. We genuinely believe any recommence of protests action would be detrimental to completion' So no promises no new dates but basically a don't do it message! All hypothetical at this stage, but if they did what you going to do?
Its a fair point To make but such a statement at this time I think would likely cause more annoyance, so would be best to ignore a dont do it , be patient, we are 95% there type statement

Best to push on and remind Ron and Co we are all here and getting more frustrated with the lack of action and WORTHWHILE communication

Its a fair point To make but such a statement at this time I think would likely cause more annoyance, so would be best to ignore a dont do it , be patient, we are 95% there type statement

Best to push on and remind Ron and Co we are all here and getting more frustrated with the lack of action and WORTHWHILE communication
Agree such statement would cause annoyance. Playing Devils Advocate if we did get such a statement would ignoring their wishes be more of a indication of a lack of faith in the Consortium ability to get the deal done and overcome the 🐀? Don't get me wrong, as I have said before if protest need to begin again then they should. I would be more comfortable knowing that it had the Trusts buy in too as given their reported line of communication to the Consortium that would indicate a lot to me. Let's hope we get something worthwhile and positive asap in the way of communication, definitely feel by the end of today would be in order from both the Consortium and Trust out of respect to the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back