• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The Takeover - Very very close.

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it will all be done and dusted by end of Jan/Feb. These things take time and I’m sure the consortium wouldn’t have ******* all that money on paying off HMRC and continue to pay the players wages if they were in any doubt as to the final outcome.

IF it drags out that long ( i certainly hope not ), then our main concern will be if anymore players are injured, we will be struggling more than now.
It's been mentioned that when Webby got us promoted to the old 2nd Div, & Steve Tilson did in 2006, we were lucky with injuries ( apart from Sodje one at Bournemouth ), & achieved those with only 15-16 players all season?.
The game today is quicker ( ? ) and more players get injured than those days.
As for the rest of your post, i have to agree as can't see any reason otherwise if your comment is correct.

The trouble is, it will never be perfect - complex transactions rarely are. There comes a point where you have to “risk accept”, I.e. you know what the risks are and you have to decide if you want to take them.

In more simple language - either **** or get off the pot.

That point for the consortium cannot be far away.

Any reasonable law firm will be telling their client the same - I can’t get you X but the downside is £Y or the risk is this and either the risk is one you can insure against or sometimes it isn’t and you have to make a call.

The trouble is, it will never be perfect - complex transactions rarely are. There comes a point where you have to “risk accept”, I.e. you know what the risks are and you have to decide if you want to take them.

In more simple language - either **** or get off the pot.

That point for the consortium cannot be far away.

Any reasonable law firm will be telling their client the same - I can’t get you X but the downside is £Y or the risk is this and either the risk is one you can insure against or sometimes it isn’t and you have to make a call.
A good way of looking at it IB.

I wonder if the risk of the Rat family not paying the £20m is insurable? :Whistling:

We need to keep these deadlines in perspective. Our "property developer" of an owner has tried to build Fossets for 25 years and failed, and yet we expect him to be capable of completing the sale of the club within 9 months?

Hell, didn't someone mention it took the 🐀 a year to pay for his carpets for crying out loud?

When was the last time he met a deadline of any kind?

We need to lower our expectations a little.

We need to keep these deadlines in perspective. Our "property developer" of an owner has tried to build Fossets for 25 years and failed, and yet we expect him to be capable of completing the sale of the club within 9 months?

Hell, didn't someone mention it took the 🐀 a year to pay for his carpets for crying out loud?

Rat boy has never ever met a deadline.

I would like to see, what he has promised in the past that has never fruition?!?

I don't think, Ron has ever, ever delivered on a promise?

It’s been a lot longer than 9 months though.

The press conference back in March was staged and quite frankly embarrassing!

Or the season after that, never ending doom loop or death spiral.. it's a pity the DD cannot find an illegal activity that puts RM and son in prison! Now that would be worth the wait imo...
Pretty sure the take over must be completed by December if not we are going to be up **** creek with our paddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back