• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

Would a plastic pitch be a sensible move? Initial outlay but major reduction to maintenance I would have thought and also could we then train at RH and save cost on training ground facilities? If we are trading as an insolvent company I wonder if it's a way to reduce running costs?

Would a plastic pitch be a sensible move? Initial outlay but major reduction to maintenance I would have thought and also could we then train at RH and save cost on training ground facilities? If we are trading as an insolvent company I wonder if it's a way to reduce running costs?
If you have no ambition of returning to the EFL, absolutely.

I would say no, when Sutton got promoted to the EFL they had to replace their plastic pitch with grass, as you can see from the link it wasn't cheap! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/footbal... Sutton United,title and a historic promotion.

The price of a hybrid pitch going by Oldham's figures and a new 3g are about the same. Having seen the way the Bromley pitch played it's got to be grass all the way although plastic is great for community football as it's so durable . Jealous of Oldham. Well just a little.

An absolutely brillant effort, for the love of our club, by all of those who came into Roots Hall on Sunday. There's just a thought which niggles me. What would have happened if that voluntary force hadn't undertaken the Cleaning operation? Would Martin have brought in a professional cleaners at the eleventh hour or would he have left the Hall in it's festering state, with the certaInty of Saturday's game being postponed or switched???

Harrogate also had to play away at Doncaster for their first few League Two matches in 20/21 after having to change from plastic to grass.
Yes I remember that, it is a condition of EFL membership that you have a grass pitch so anyone who has a plastic one in the National league faces a high cost if they win promotion, let alone any changes to their stadium etc.

The price of a hybrid pitch going by Oldham's figures and a new 3g are about the same. Having seen the way the Bromley pitch played it's got to be grass all the way although plastic is great for community football as it's so durable . Jealous of Oldham. Well just a little.

Yes Sutton used to have a big community set up using their plastic pitch, it took a lot of organising to offer alternative facilities.

Yes Sutton used to have a big community set up using their plastic pitch, it took a lot of organising to offer alternative facilities.

Same thing happened for Harrogate, had to rip up the 4G pitch as soon as they got in to the EFL. They're a great moneyspinner for the clubs in terms of a revenue stream all year round, but the EFL still won't entertain them.

Back