• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

Ah, don’t be too hard on us RHB! Every club has one or two and we’re a pretty decent bunch really….plus we’ve been through what you’re going through so 99% of us are completely sympathetic with your situation

that said, there is a bit of frustration about the way the build up to what should have been an exciting season opener has been ruined by your clown of an owner
They don't call him Clown shoes for nothing

Was at the game today in the family section in the West stand today and it wasn't particularly pleasant to sit. Loads of cobwebs, feathers and birds mess. I couldn't make it last Sunday as had something on already. Are there any plans for supporters to help with cleaning/maintenance during the season? I'm happy to help most evenings where I can or before a game on a Saturday.

I was thinking the same as well when I arrived at my seat in the East Reds. Not sure if our little section was missed but my seat was covered in dust and grime. I know we haven't got a pot to **** in at present but could the club cover the seats when not in use then uncover them before the match?

We also had 160+ people turn up to tidy the stadium up and the amount of litter just discarded in the stands after the match was a shame. I took my empty burger box home and discarded it in my general waste.

The toilets in the West End of the South Upper were closed today. They have never been that bad so not sure why they were closed

Last edited:
"We also had 160+ people turn up to tidy the stadium up and the amount of litter just discarded in the stands after the match was a shame. I took my empty burger box home and discarded it in my general waste."

That is really disappointing to read. What is it with a few selfish people who cannot take their litter home or deposit it in the nearest bin after leaving the stadium? Same on the beach at Southend, isn't it? And apparently at the top of Yr Wyddfa too...

165 or so people worked extremely hard last weekend to try to get Roots Hall in better nick for today. There was a great range of ages there, parents with their young kids up to people in their 60s and 70s, I would think.... Those seats take a lot of cleaning, so it is not surprising that not all were cleaned. I know not all of the South Lower seats on the west side were cleaned, as there was not enough time. I would be up for a repeat session or two in August.

We weren't able to make it last Sunday but the West Stand looked spanking with shiny seats everywhere. Mrs RHB came armed with a pack of Dettol wet wipes but totally unnecessary as a couple from the row in front of us had cleaned the area thoroughly, thanks guys, brilliant job.

Yep really miss the old open air concrete gutter toilets of the 70s unfortunately you could cut yourself on the broken glass wall capping if you tried to escape or get into the ground that way......We really have come a long way when the luxury of today's RH is considered appalling.

In my day lad you were lucky to have a roof over you.......South bank supporters used to say!
Ei you were lucky. In my day you had to eat broken glass for breakfasts. Tell that to kids today they don't believe ya.

I have to say it looked generally same of last year. Certainly where I was. Reality is the old girl needs some money spent … but the flip side is great atmosphere, nearly 6k gate and fantastic job done on the pitch.

Sorry all. I probably should have worded my earlier post in a different way. Was not my intention to pour scorn on the efforts of everyone last week. I dread to think what state the stands were in before everyone turned up last Sunday and thank them all for their efforts. The seats were clean but with the limited resources that were available there was only so much that could be done.

I'm not a season ticket holder but do attend at least 10 games a season with my 8yo son and I want to do anything I can to help make ours/everyone else's visits to the Hall as pleasant as possible so it doesn't put off the not so regulars from coming back.

I sat in the south stand upper still had the smell of fox poo but better, I was disappointed that people just left there rubbish on the floor I am happy to stay behind with a black. Sack and collect it all does this happen or can we go in during the week so much work went on last week Shame to see it ruined. Is there another day planned to give it a lick. Of paint.

I have to say it looked generally same of last year. Certainly where I was. Reality is the old girl needs some money spent … but the flip side is great atmosphere, nearly 6k gate and fantastic job done on the pitch.
As one of the volunteers who gave up there free time last Sunday I’m very sorry the old girl looked generally the same so next time I’ll tell the other 160 plus volunteers to make more effort so that you can see a difference on your next visit I can only apologise that all our efforts didn’t come up to your satisfaction and hi standard please leave your seat number and we can give you priority .

I said strangely enough there are no bins at all in the stadium
There is only 1 bin that I know off and it's by the East Stand food kiosk above the Groundsman Arms. Most people take the food from the kiosk and eat it on the stands.

Obviously no room to put a bin in the stands but perhaps a couple along the edge of the pitch (against the hoardings) at the end of the game might encourage people to dispose of their rubbish appropriately.

We weren't able to make it last Sunday but the West Stand looked spanking with shiny seats everywhere. Mrs RHB came armed with a pack of Dettol wet wipes but totally unnecessary as a couple from the row in front of us had cleaned the area thoroughly, thanks guys, brilliant job.
Your welcome RHB just doing our small bit to help the club out.
Along with many others.

Back