• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

As of yesterday people it’s not looking too bad - obviously looks better the higher up you are but I’m confident it will be playable by Saturday

Forecast a fair bit of rain which I think will help us

It does look good doesn’t it. If you zoom in though it looks like it could be a little sparse close up.

Hopefully it can be nursed through on Saturday, then there’s a bit of time before Hartlepool (2 weeks) unless there’s a random cup fixture coming that I’ve forgotten about?

We don't have to worry about the league cup anymore. Its the FA qualifiers in October that catch you out.

Good to hear, the technology has obviously improved over the years.
I wouldn't know about that. I was just amazed at how good the pitch looked. Wales had played a few days before (as far as I remember) and they were getting ready for a music concert (can't remember who) and the pitch was immaculate. The lady taking the tour (on which we were the only four people as no-one else turned up - meaning we had a private tour) was saying that the groundsman was currently having kittens!

However, it is also true that the Municipality Stadium doesn't have a match every week as Oldham's would do if both a football and rugby team play on it.

I wouldn't know about that. I was just amazed at how good the pitch looked. Wales had played a few days before (as far as I remember) and they were getting ready for a music concert (can't remember who) and the pitch was immaculate. The lady taking the tour (on which we were the only four people as no-one else turned up - meaning we had a private tour) was saying that the groundsman was currently having kittens!

However, it is also true that the Municipality Stadium doesn't have a match every week as Oldham's would do if both a football and rugby team play on it.

Yes music gigs can play the pitch up, we have had several at our ground, although the pitch is covered with boards it still gets a bit of a hammering. When Elton John played there around 16000 people attended, that's a hell of a lot of potential damage.

Yes music gigs can play the pitch up, we have had several at our ground, although the pitch is covered with boards it still gets a bit of a hammering. When Elton John played there around 16000 people attended, that's a hell of a lot of potential damage.
Genuine question. Is that the highest attendance the stadium has seen?

Check out the photos on SUFC Police twitter page, the pitch and ground look bloody amazing.

Groundsman has done amazing job.

Wish I could share the photos with you guys, but not sure how to.
The photos were taken yesterday.

Genuine question. Is that the highest attendance the stadium has seen?

No when Olly Murs performed 17000 saw that show, we had 16000 for Lionel Richie. The biggest football attendance was close to the capacity of 10105 when Norwich played us in 2010, 10064 saw us lose 5-0, that was after we had beaten them 7-1 at Carrow Road a few months before. We have had some big crowds for Internationals the biggest being in 2011 when England under 21 beat Iceland 5-0 in front of 10051.

Ah, don’t be too hard on us RHB! Every club has one or two and we’re a pretty decent bunch really….plus we’ve been through what you’re going through so 99% of us are completely sympathetic with your situation

that said, there is a bit of frustration about the way the build up to what should have been an exciting season opener has been ruined by your clown of an owner

Ah, don’t be too hard on us RHB! Every club has one or two and we’re a pretty decent bunch really….plus we’ve been through what you’re going through so 99% of us are completely sympathetic with your situation

that said, there is a bit of frustration about the way the build up to what should have been an exciting season opener has been ruined by your clown of an owner
I always try and behave on other Fans boards, but one of your number is inviting comment at times. However, I'm just glad we have a seat at the table for the opening game and if your numbers call for it, I'd be amazed if we don't open another block in the North stand. This presumes it's safe to do so as the old girl is crumbling before our eyes.

Back