• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

Sorry, but RM knew the date of commencement for the season and has done absolutely nothing about the ground, the pitch or any of the facilities.
I have total respect for everyone that turned up to help, but clearly RM appears to not want us to start this season.
The hallmark of a spiteful man who would rather everyone suffered than give something of his own up.

Many such cases in this world unfortunately.

Fantastic action by all your supporters - it shows as a community what the team means to you.

I understand why you had your Sunday action day in an effort to see your team play Saturday but I feel RM has played a blinder here. He knew how passionate you are and the ground has has had a mini facelift with no cost to him. He is abusing your love of the club.

Good luck with obtaining the necessary Safety Certificate and hope your pitch passes any inspections to allow Oldham game to go ahead.

Even as rivals no true football fan wants to see a club struggle and possibly disappear

I agree with you, i think at this stage the pitch is our main worry.
Do we not still employ the services of a full time grounds man? (or woman)
Surely some concentrated effort between now and Saturday could bring the pitch up to a playing standard........
The 10 plus fox holes could not have appeared just overnight so why are they not dealt with on a daily basic.
Just looked on the Oldham website and they have a picture of their pitch taken 4 days ago and it looked absolutely amazing, sad days !

I sincerely hope that someone at the club is keeping Oldham upto date as to whether the game will be on or not in view of the state of the pitch.

I have read about the disgusting state of Roots Hall time and again.
Thank God that any fans have not had a serious accident.

How does it get through any health and safety check with Covid still around?
Not sure what all the fuss is about.
It's an old building. Amply enough for those who have stood on open terracing since the 50's.
The players enjoy being close to the fans.
If you want a smart stadium. Support Chelsea! If you get a top tear seat, the players look like ants.
We are in the fifth league.
We are at RH for 3hrs at most. 20 games unless an FAcup run.
A drop of rain won't hurt.

Do we not still employ the services of a full time grounds man? (or woman)
Surely some concentrated effort between now and Saturday could bring the pitch up to a playing standard........
The 10 plus fox holes could not have appeared just overnight so why are they not dealt with on a daily basic.
Just looked on the Oldham website and they have a picture of their pitch taken 4 days ago and it looked absolutely amazing, sad days !
plastic pitch

Back