• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

I read a few weeks ago, supposedly some 'Shrimpers Trust' members accompanied around the ground, pointing out the many defects & ongoing problems?. If this happened, then what was his response to remedying them?.
This wasn't done with Ron in the end, although it is what was requested. It was done with Tom, who was fully aware of all the issues and had a spreadsheet to prove it! We were accompanied by @Sherif H and @Crawliano.

Well done to everyone who put in the effort yesterday. It is truly humbling to see.

That pitch is absolutely embarrassing and no surprise Kev doesn’t want any of the lads playing on it.

Genuinely, a lot of Essex Senior pitches are better. Absolutely disgraceful yet again. But not a surprise as again it was left far too late and not enough money provided by the owner to do even a semi decent job.

Looks like it needs a fair bit of work next week to get it playable. I imagine Oldham and their officials won’t be happy with it either. For many reasons, the game needs switching In my opinion. But that’s down to the authorities to decide tomorrow.
I was joking at first but on further inspection the pitch I played on in an Olympian Div 2 friendly on Thursday night was far better. It felt spongey, bald patches, potholes that are worrying thinking about catching a stud in. If I was one of the boys playing on that I'd be really disappointed. Of course while worrying when
Can we pin this up all the way down benfleet Road please

Messrs Martin, Firth and Dudridge had a conference call on Friday. Ron promised that all the ducks would be lined up by 4pm today for the safety certificate and the NL. Lets see if he can mess this up.

Last edited:
MITCHELL Drew Bennett encapsulated the spirit on show among Southend United supporters at Roots Hall on Sunday.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Does anybody know how i can get in touch with the Bennett family? I have spoken to the club and they have said they will supply Mitchell with a new home shirt and would also like him to lead the team out this coming Saturday and meet the players.

Does anybody know how i can get in touch with the Bennett family? I have spoken to the club and they have said they will supply Mitchell with a new home shirt and would also like him to lead the team out this coming Saturday and meet the players.

Nice touch, i'm not disputing.

But there were many others. What about the lad shown in #310 scrubbing the seats in the Lower South stand?

Surely just as worthy?

Nice touch, i'm not disputing.

But there were many others. What about the lad shown in #310 scrubbing the seats in the Lower South stand?

Surely just as worthy?
I can't argue with that at all, I am sure there will be an overall thank you at some stage for all that helped, His picture made the headlines so i guess he was chosen.

These were the guys who turned up yesterday fully equipped with Jet washes.

May be an image of 4 people and text that says #MARTINOUT STOUNT Stadium Photography @davethephoto Top Top guys, two Millwal and a Liverpool supporter cleaning our stadium!

Last edited:
I can't argue with that at all, I am sure there will be an overall thank you at some stage for all that helped, His picture made the headlines so i guess he was chosen.
Oh I can see why the press would love it. Young lad stepping up (literally with the aid of a step ladder), taking on the job of a man, stretching and straining to do his bit for the club he loves, washing the badge (aka kissing the badge).

And under the badge the photos title...

#NeverGiveUp

Back