• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

As I have mentioned elsewhere even if we get the Safety Cert will the pitch be ready?
Looking at the pictures it looks in a terrible state and probably not fit and potentially dangerous,believe KM already mentioned. Those among us who have knowledge of these matters consider it's going to be fit by this Saturday.As have a horrible feeling the match will be postponed due to being unfit playing surface

Oh I can see why the press would love it. Young lad stepping up (literally with the aid of a step ladder), taking on the job of a man, stretching and straining to do his bit for the club he loves, washing the badge (aka kissing the badge).

And under the badge the photos title...

#NeverGiveUp
IMO it does not take anything away from all the kids that helped yesterday, they were all stars. He has maybe been chosen as a figure head for all of them I guess.

I will endeavour to make sure all of them are thanked in some way.

As I have mentioned elsewhere even if we get the Safety Cert will the pitch be ready?
Looking at the pictures it looks in a terrible state and probably not fit and potentially dangerous,believe KM already mentioned. Those among us who have knowledge of these matters consider it's going to be fit by this Saturday.As have a horrible feeling the match will be postponed due to being unfit playing surface
After seeing images of the pitch yesterday, there is no way it will be playable by Saturday. If the Safety Cert goes through, I could still see the game being moved away from home due to the state of the pitch

Looking at the pictures it looks in a terrible state and probably not fit and potentially dangerous
,believe KM already mentioned. Those among us who have knowledge of these matters consider it's going to be fit by this Saturday.As have a horrible feeling the match will be postponed due to being unfit playing surface
There's a few fox holes to repair as well.

I agree with you, i think at this stage the pitch is our main worry.

I think the club were always praying for the first fixture to be an away game..
The other issue is that we are experiencing unprecedented weather for this time of year. It is probably suffocating the new roots right now.

After the amazing turnout from our loyal supporters yesterday, well done to everyone who attended! You all done an amazing job.
Today is RCE Contracts & RCE Garden & Property Maintenance turn to help with the effort to get #RootsHall ready for Saturday! Our 1st league game of the season. Tough job on our hands but we are ploughing through it. #UTB
🦐
🦐
🦐

364747865_10225010138743113_2533500289000681012_n.jpg

364760084_10225010139303127_4824123346286292971_n.jpg

May be an image of grass and text
May be an image of 1 person and grass

Messrs Martin, Firth and Dudridge had a conference call on Friday. Ron promised that all the ducks would be lined up by 4pm today for the safety certificate and the NL. Let’s see if he can mess this up.
If anyone’s thinking anything good will come from the likes of Ron Fartin……..well, we really are deep in the ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back