• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

There was more than one young lad helping today. :Worthy: honestly makes me tearful.

View attachment 27768
My goodness, those seats were dirty. Sadly I don’t think all of them got cleaned so it may be an idea for supporters to bring some wet wipes in case they need to clean their own seat.

PS I am not that young lad. I agree, t was great to see such a range of people helping out.

There was more than one young lad helping today. :Worthy: honestly makes me tearful.

View attachment 27768
You’re absolutely right. It does raise spirits and give hope more than any words can.

But to be honest, at his age, I was on the North Bank (slightly to one side) singing to the opposition supporters. You’re gonna get your f**king head kicked in. I hope the young man gets his chance to do the same one day - in a more civilised and respectful way, of course.

IMO it would be great to have it switched to Boundary Park.

Would be a great idea if Oldham could help us out with the last minute-ness of everything, and perhaps offer tickets at £5 a head.

We will take a good following and will unite fans who are pro and also anti watching games at RH, as it’s away from home

BBCTV Look East have not been interested in us since we went non League. I have sent a many ‘angry from Rochford’ tweet to them with no return or reply. Embarrassing and disgraceful from them.
To be fair, the costs involved of sending down a crew from Norwich to Southend to get 1 minute of footage are hard to justify. I was with ITV Anglia (who were down only a couple of weeks ago) for a short while years ago and they really had to justify it the one time they sent a crew to Roots Hall to film something while I was working with them.

To be honest.
I hope the game on saturday is reversed to Oldham.
I would rather give that pitch time to repair than take the chance of screwing the pitch, or having our players getting injured as a result of the pitch.
Dont mind an away trip for the first game of the season.
Think that’s what Kev is hoping for as well. However if that’s the case then that decision could have been made a week ago. I wonder now if it’s too late to move the game

Firstly had no idea until close up how bad the ground really is. Walls cracked and brick work falling apart, broken seats, issues with drainage and gutters. Dressing rooms both home and away were embarrassingly dirty and run down. So many broken signs and paint peeling and flaking allover the stadium. Numerous advertising boards broken or missing. It really is very very sad to see how it’s been left. In the medical room there is one bed and that’s all but on the side 6/7 plates knives and forks presumably left over from last season.

The pitch is horrendous. Stood and spoke with Kev for some time and he said it’s not playable at the moment or would be a risk to play on it
Seems to me that the person who claims 'i love this f*****g club', threw the towel in when he announced the club was up for sale, or possibly before?.
To not have an active interest about the state of the ground, pitch etc is disgraceful?.
I read a few weeks ago, supposedly some 'Shrimpers Trust' members accompanied around the ground, pointing out the many defects & ongoing problems?. If this happened, then what was his response to remedying them?.

To be fair, the costs involved of sending down a crew from Norwich to Southend to get 1 minute of footage are hard to justify. I was with ITV Anglia (who were down only a couple of weeks ago) for a short while years ago and they really had to justify it the one time they sent a crew to Roots Hall to film something while I was working with them.
They still manage to send a crew when anyone so much as farts over at Kenilworth Road.

To be completely fair, I think most in our fair city tune into BBC London. Who gives a fiddler’s f**k about BBC East’s reports into Yobs on Yarmouth’s seafront, poor catches of crabs in Cromer (Cromer, Cromer - wtf is Cromer!). Or Sheep sh*ging sensation in Colchester….

Just had a chat with an Oldham fan who said that the stewards have been asked if they are available or could be for next Saturday so the thought of moving the game to there may have some legs

Just had a chat with an Oldham fan who said that the stewards have been asked if they are available or could be for next Saturday so the thought of moving the game to there may have some legs
Has legs and rightly so. I think it’s a good idea and will work much better than trying to rush Roots Hall for Saturday. If Oldham are up for it, then I’m sure we will be playing at their place.

Follow Southend away

Back