• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The State of Roots Hall

Maybe the game on Saturday will be announced as taking place at Roots Hall but the match referee may call it off as the pitch is unplayable. Could suit us to play later in the season and if its a referee decision presumably won't cost us a fine or points? Maybe someone knows the National League rules in this case?
Sadly, that could be the best outcome for us.

You honestly couldnt make all this up. I cant imagine there ever being a stadium and team in a more dire starting position then us.

Seconded.

Essex Senior League is generous mate.

We're Sunday League.

My old Sunday league side used to play at King George V playing fields in Southminster. That pitch would put Roots Hall to shame.

Seems to have done remarkably downhill ever since we sacked that groundsman when the Bolton (I believe) fixture was postponed due to a frozen pitch.

Roots Hall’s pitch used to be an absolute carpet, now it’s an embarrassment frankly.

Especially, when you consider, that Kev & co love to play football out from the back. You need the pitch to back that up.

I must say, a huge well done and thank you for all those involved with today. You’ve done yourselves and your Club proud.

Brilliant that Kev came to say thanks, and TL and his family were involved and even Anna Firth. I couldn’t get down unfortunately.

It’s embarrassing that it’s got to the stage where fans are having to come in and get the ground up to scratch as best as they can. I understand hardly anybody has touched anything at Roots Hall since the Wealdstone game, so I dread to think the state it was left in.

I’d heard rumours of the changing rooms being in the same state since the end of the Wealdstone game, with the post match food still knocking about, and obviously rotting. I really hope that wasn’t the case.

Fantastic from the Trust to provide refreshments and fish and chips for those that helped. Shame that couldn’t come from the Club.

The fans are everything great about this Club. The sense of pride seeing the pictures people have posted. Seeing familiar faces in those, all getting on their hands and knees and getting to work.

We deserve so much better it’s unbelievable really.

I must say, a huge well done and thank you for all those involved with today. You’ve done yourselves and your Club proud.

Brilliant that Kev came to say thanks, and TL and his family were involved and even Anna Firth. I couldn’t get down unfortunately.

It’s embarrassing that it’s got to the stage where fans are having to come in and get the ground up to scratch as best as they can. I understand hardly anybody has touched anything at Roots Hall since the Wealdstone game, so I dread to think the state it was left in.

I’d heard rumours of the changing rooms being in the same state since the end of the Wealdstone game, with the post match food still knocking about, and obviously rotting. I really hope that wasn’t the case.

Fantastic from the Trust to provide refreshments and fish and chips for those that helped. Shame that couldn’t come from the Club.

The fans are everything great about this Club. The sense of pride seeing the pictures people have posted. Seeing familiar faces in those, all getting on their hands and knees and getting to work.

We deserve so much better it’s unbelievable really
I cannot praise enough all those that came to the Hall today to help. There was a constant stream of people coming in asking how can we help.

It was very humbling to see such love of our club.

Ron will have an enormous boner if he reads your post. His eyes will spin round like the wheels on a one armed bandit as he computes the possibilities of a more permanent arrangement….
The only time Ron could get a bonner,
(a very little saggy one at that),
Is if he was reading an article all about Rats.

To be honest.
I hope the game on saturday is reversed to Oldham.
I would rather give that pitch time to repair than take the chance of screwing the pitch, or having our players getting injured as a result of the pitch.
Dont mind an away trip for the first game of the season.

We should offer out sponsorship of the home dressing room (and away) to local bathroom shops or tiling companies in exchange for tiles, shower equipment etc. Sure we have supporters skilled in tiling, plumbing etc that could make it happen over next close season with rest labouring. Those facilities are embarrassing.

I can’t recall any examples of league games being reversed to the away team’s stadiums at short notice, I doubt it would happen. If we were to play both our matches against Oldham at boundary park this season that would call into question the integrity of the competition which I doubt the NL would allow.

I think the most likely outcome if Roots Hall is not ready for Saturday would be a postponement. Luton’s first home premier league match against Burnley has been postponed as their stadium is not ready for premier league football yet so we are not the only club struggling to get our stadium ready (everything else in their club is in a significantly better position than ours though!).

We deserve so much better it’s unbelievable really.
You expect poor old Ron to put his hand in his pocket and buy the clean up team a bag of chips he would have been crying into his wallet the rest of the day , he would never get over it!

Back