• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I just see more people out of a job tbh
Except they will most likely always break down, be out of action. Just think we need some decent bar pumps, a couple more staff and a better queuing system in the west stand. Perhaps a new door at the back for entrance and one for exit so the queue can be out the back. Surely a simple and quick solution until proper work on the west can start?

When I go and watch the AFL here in Perth we have a 60,000 seat stadium. There are plenty of concesions for both food and drink. All of these are cashless which speeds things up. You do have those people who refuse to use cash, there are places that you can purchase a card to use in the ground.

The food options are very good, you have your normal pies, hamburgers, hot dogs etc.. Also they have things like curry, cheese boards, fried chicken. Now when you get the breaks in the games the queues at the concessions move quickly as they have a lot of the stuff prepared for the rush. Now I normally have a curry at half time and when I get there it’s about 15 seconds to get served, the curry and rice is already in its cardboard container, and they give you a naan, mango chutney and raita. Quick and easy and fairly cheap. There are even coffee carts around, to get a barista made coffee.

Now if you want a beer or a wine that’s another story. You get served fairly quick but it comes in paper cups and is expensive, About six quid for just over half a pint. I haven’t had a drink at a game for about five years.

Hopefully, the COSU will reorganise the catering options at Roots Hall. I don’t think it’ll be too difficult.

When I go and watch the AFL here in Perth we have a 60,000 seat stadium. There are plenty of concesions for both food and drink. All of these are cashless which speeds things up. You do have those people who refuse to use cash, there are places that you can purchase a card to use in the ground.

The food options are very good, you have your normal pies, hamburgers, hot dogs etc.. Also they have things like curry, cheese boards, fried chicken. Now when you get the breaks in the games the queues at the concessions move quickly as they have a lot of the stuff prepared for the rush. Now I normally have a curry at half time and when I get there it’s about 15 seconds to get served, the curry and rice is already in its cardboard container, and they give you a naan, mango chutney and raita. Quick and easy and fairly cheap. There are even coffee carts around, to get a barista made coffee.

Now if you want a beer or a wine that’s another story. You get served fairly quick but it comes in paper cups and is expensive, About six quid for just over half a pint. I haven’t had a drink at a game for about five years.

Hopefully, the COSU will reorganise the catering options at Roots Hall. I don’t think it’ll be too difficult.
One thing, food wise, I wish we had over here is the fourntwenty pies they haven in Oz. Amazing

One thing, food wise, I wish we had over here is the fourntwenty pies they haven in Oz. Amazing

We don’t have fourntwenty pies here in Perth, they’re an eastern states company. I’m sure there are a lot of good pies in England.

Maybe you could get Greggs to do the pies.

• Love
Reactions: TJC
Safe standing in the UK - does it have to be the rail seats and 1 standing per 'seat'? Went to AIK game yesterday - this is a relatively new stadium but I don't think their standing area was rail seats - the atmosphere generated by their Ultras in the standing area was immense as hopefully captured in the video - didn't stop for 103 minutes from KO to final whistle in each half. Just think of we could generate even half the atmosphere of this in the north bank

IMG_20240825_164658.jpgIMG_20240825_162211.jpg

Safe standing in the UK - does it have to be the rail seats and 1 standing per 'seat'? Went to AIK game yesterday - this is a relatively new stadium but I don't think their standing area was rail seats - the atmosphere generated by their Ultras in the standing area was immense as hopefully captured in the video - didn't stop for 103 minutes from KO to final whistle in each half. Just think of we could generate even half the atmosphere of this in the north bank

View attachment 33588View attachment 33589
Great stadium, the idea of the curtain shutting off the unused top tier is a good idea. Bet there wasn't many Brommapojkarna fans even though they are a Stockholm team as well.

Yes it seems that rail seating is the preferred choice..... although nothing stopping us having a proper terrace now we are non-league.

Great stadium, the idea of the curtain shutting off the unused top tier is a good idea. Bet there wasn't many Brommapojkarna fans even though they are a Stockholm team as well.

Yes it seems that rail seating is the preferred choice..... although nothing stopping us having a proper terrace now we are non-league.
The BP fans were in the lower tier of the stand I was in so couldn't see any directly, did see a flag, and when they scored the screen showed half a dozen BP fans celebrating! I mentioned to my son how the screening of the upper tier was good as without it I think the stadium would've seemed empty.

Ive heard that COSU are looking to do the North Bank up first. Giving it a Concourse and making it steeper.

With the space in the new concourse. They will place temporary changing rooms for the players to allow for the east stand to be flattened.

The first thing that will be done is the catering in the west. Not sure if that means knocking down the facilities at the back and rebuilding it all the way to the peoples gardens or not however.

Ive heard that COSU are looking to do the North Bank up first. Giving it a Concourse and making it steeper.

With the space in the new concourse. They will place temporary changing rooms for the players to allow for the east stand to be flattened.

The first thing that will be done is the catering in the west. Not sure if that means knocking down the facilities at the back and rebuilding it all the way to the peoples gardens or not however.
I'd love to hear a bit more about the plans, if one of the COSU folks could find time to speak to Chris Phillips or just post something on the OS.

I'd love to hear a bit more about the plans, if one of the COSU folks could find time to speak to Chris Phillips or just post something on the OS.
I think most people would like to know what plans are being made, trouble is the list is probably so long where do they start
Is the training ground more important than soap in the loos? Is a new lightbulb in the east more important than clearing old debts to local companies who may then start working with the club again
Going to take time, fully agree there’s little improvements than can be made but it will take time
Keep the faith, it will happen

Back