• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Was thinking earlier but is it possible you reckon they would/could move the ticket barriers in the West Stand to just after the ticket office? Currently the ticket barriers takes up a decent bit of space and if removed would allow more room for potential food/drink stalls or even room for people to have a pint at half time if they wish

Was thinking earlier but is it possible you reckon they would/could move the ticket barriers in the West Stand to just after the ticket office? Currently the ticket barriers takes up a decent bit of space and if removed would allow more room for potential food/drink stalls or even room for people to have a pint at half time if they wish
Unfortunately not as they need the gate for the emergency services and to get out of after the game. Also the entrances fan out atm for the family stand entrances etc.

To be fair the night at the Cliffs Pavilion was more about their vision for the club and long term plans. I think what a lot would like to know is a lot more specific about this season. It's pretty clear that we need more seats available if we are successful, Tom Lawrence said in the Price of Football podcast that they are going to have to "switch on areas of the stadium that had been switched off".

Although it's pretty obvious where those areas are (X and Y Blocks, north west corner and half of the north stand) they are yet to come out and articulate what the plan is, when it's likely to happen and how the capacity will be affected.

I think it would be good to know now what the short term plan is.

However I also think it's fair to let them concentrate on getting the ground ready for tomorrow's game, so let's cut them some slack and hope they tell us more towards the end of this month when the initial sorting out of safety certificates, season tickets and new shirts is out of the way.
Those blocks are going to be for the east stand

Those blocks are going to be used when they rebuild the main stand,,reduced away fans will be housed placed in south lower

Surely they won’t make any big wholesale changes until they get ownership though I would assume?
They have a long lease - they need to increase income. So I'd imagine they'll be getting on with things. Depends what you mean by 'big' - they may need abit more certainty that they'll end up the freeholders before demolishing the east, but changes to other stands I'd have thought they'd go for it as leaseholders

They have a long lease - they need to increase income. So I'd imagine they'll be getting on with things. Depends what you mean by 'big' - they may need abit more certainty that they'll end up the freeholders before demolishing the east, but changes to other stands I'd have thought they'd go for it as leaseholders
I agree with you. It makes no business sense to not get the north bank fully functioning for example. Whether that be for us, the away fans or both. Just imagine we miraculously get a good cup tie at home and we can only offer 500 odd seats. Would be a huge loss of revenue. Even the Braintree tie, I don't know how well they will travel but it's a huge game for them and they may want to bring a number greater than 500. That would be another missed opportunity.

Whatever happens, you're right, COSU will want to make positive changes to all the stands even without the freehold.

Is the plan to get the freehold? I was surprised that this was not part of the deal.

Is the plan to get the freehold? I was surprised that this was not part of the deal.
Yes, freehold should be transferred once planning permission is granted for revised FF development. That will allow the charges on RH to be released and for RH to be sold to POSU.

Yes, freehold should be transferred once planning permission is granted for revised FF development. That will allow the charges on RH to be released and for RH to be sold to POSU.
It’ll be interesting to see if that happens as soon as PP is given or whether there will need to be progress on physical buildings (to generate value) before it can happen.

It’ll be interesting to see if that happens as soon as PP is given or whether there will need to be progress on physical buildings (to generate value) before it can happen.
I think the progress on construction will release the £12m (is that the correct number now?) in stages that Ron needs to pay COSU. We've been told freehold will transfer on PP being granted - who knows if there are additional conditions?

I think the progress on construction will release the £12m (is that the correct number now?) in stages that Ron needs to pay COSU. We've been told freehold will transfer on PP being granted - who knows if there are additional conditions?
I think £12m is right.
Good if freehold is moving at pp granting stage if that is the case 👍🏻

It would take ages, and possibly it’d never happen knowing Ron, if we had to wait for actual buildings to appear!

I just see more people out of a job tbh
They could be used in addition to what we already have. I don't go in the west stand - but I read many comments that people couldn't get a beer as bar too busy - is this a quick(?) and easy(?) way to increase capacity?

Back