• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Out of interest. How many seats are there in the X block? 400 odd.

Not a massive amount but still extra income being missed out on.

And on a game like this weekends opener, im sure it would have sold
i think its really important that we get X open for every match ASAP.
not only is the whole block an extra 700 seats. It's like a big add on to The Blue Voice. I noticed that when X was open, every match the atmopshere was louder.

We need to get it done, especially as for the time being YZ can be the buffer zone between home and away fans.

I think safe standing is the best option for south lower
What is actually wrong with the north west corner
There are many broken seats in Y. in Y on the front row, not a single place where a chair should be has a backrest or an actual seat, so not good.

Z is in a pretty good shape, maybe a couple broken seats.
The main thing ive heard is that there is a problem with the roof, which apart from the seat problem, stops it from being used.

Also heard about a possible concrete problem, to do with the flooring, not sure that one is true or not however.

It’s a crap view from Y/Z since it was made all seated. A buffer block between North stand and X block (as/ if/when re-opened) would think essential.

Unfortunately my boring arse calculated this.

672 320 odd on the left and 350 on the right. This is because the right has 4 extra rows at the back

and block YZ has about 710

That is a massive amount of income lost and I'm sure the consortium are looking at getting that done ASAP

Unfortunately, good old Vic has left that section of the ground almost unchangeable.

I think that even the most creative architect would struggle to do anything with it. Such a narrow space. Sheriff may be able to say otherwise but looks impossibly tight.
I wonder if the best you could do with the South - and we're talking very hypothetically here, given that for all its faults it's not desperately in need of work like all the other stands - would be to cram it with hospitality on at least one level, like Luton or Solihull have done with similar situations. Sure it would be ugly as hell, but there clearly isn't the space for two decent tiers so you might as well make some money out of the space. Could take the pressure off the East and make space for some nicer GA seats there. (Given that half the occupants of the Lower at any given match are school groups/kids teams on freebies, you could say it's already hospitality of a sort...)

I wonder if the best you could do with the South - and we're talking very hypothetically here, given that for all its faults it's not desperately in need of work like all the other stands - would be to cram it with hospitality on at least one level, like Luton or Solihull have done with similar situations. Sure it would be ugly as hell, but there clearly isn't the space for two decent tiers so you might as well make some money out of the space. Could take the pressure off the East and make space for some nicer GA seats there. (Given that half the occupants of the Lower at any given match are school groups/kids teams on freebies, you could say it's already hospitality of a sort...)
Make it look Like that end at Leverkusen? I think even that would be a squeeze to be honest.

Maybe they could make it like some of them European grounds where the front is raised quite far above pitch level. Search for Dynamo Zagreb stadium or Wrexham temporary stand for an example.

It would only become one tier but the viewing would be much more appealing.

I would also like to see block P open in the west, any reason why that is out of action atm?

And the West stand family section just be turned into regular seating to be honest. If there was a place where I would put family seating for now, it would be south lower. Even still I think that is a lot of family seats. Maybe they could do some sort of £5 tickets deal to try and fill it up more often?

Attachments

• IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    266.2 KB · Views: 82
There must be some plans to increase capacity in the short term. Maybe someone going to the ground to clean up today can ask Tom Lawrence or any of the other COSU members that are there.

That is a massive amount of income lost and I'm sure the consortium are looking at getting that done ASAP
With those figures it should break even in year one as long as the area is filled to capacity approx (£10 per seat) with additional income made from spend per head once in the ground .

There must be some plans to increase capacity in the short term. Maybe someone going to the ground to clean up today can ask Tom Lawrence or any of the other COSU members that are there.
I thought this was the aim ? Having said that I don’t think anyone (especially those at Kidderminster) expected things to drag on so quickly

So far they have concentrated on getting safety safety certs just to be able to open RH. People were moaning on here about not opening the West for the Gills game but they couldn't anyway.

If they now concentrate on the NW corner and use it wisely that will give us the extra capacity......Lets hope its actually needed because that means we will be challenging at the top.

This morning, during clean up, I went and stood at the back of South Lower and the view is restricted as anything over about 9 foot and near the South goal line is hidden, otherwise it is okay, I am 6' plus so most would not have a worse view if it was back to standing. And it is good deal depth than South Upper.

Pitch is looking better as it is cut.

Bit surprised we haven't had an update from the consortium, now they have taken over and feet under the table. Just to say what their plans are short and medium term with the stadium. Not a pop by any means but I thought it was stated fans would be kept more in the loop with all things Southend when they got in.
They literally did a night at cliffs pavilion for this

They literally did a night at cliffs pavilion for this
To be fair the night at the Cliffs Pavilion was more about their vision for the club and long term plans. I think what a lot would like to know is a lot more specific about this season. It's pretty clear that we need more seats available if we are successful, Tom Lawrence said in the Price of Football podcast that they are going to have to "switch on areas of the stadium that had been switched off".

Although it's pretty obvious where those areas are (X and Y Blocks, north west corner and half of the north stand) they are yet to come out and articulate what the plan is, when it's likely to happen and how the capacity will be affected.

I think it would be good to know now what the short term plan is.

However I also think it's fair to let them concentrate on getting the ground ready for tomorrow's game, so let's cut them some slack and hope they tell us more towards the end of this month when the initial sorting out of safety certificates, season tickets and new shirts is out of the way.

Was standing in block W yesterday, just looking around and noticed to me, imo that the coragated roof above black X and the corner looked new. It showed no signs of dirt, dents, or 20+ years old grime, look like it has been replaced, even the sub cross members looked new.
To me the structure had been replaced, looked new, anyone also confirm this.

Back