• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I really hoping that all the Gents and Ladies toilets have been repaired/refurbished in the West Stand. Couple that with being able to get into them, especially the Ladies for Mrs RHB, when battling through the queue for the bar.

Bit surprised we haven't had an update from the consortium, now they have taken over and feet under the table. Just to say what their plans are short and medium term with the stadium. Not a pop by any means but I thought it was stated fans would be kept more in the loop with all things Southend when they got in.

Bit surprised we haven't had an update from the consortium, now they have taken over and feet under the table. Just to say what their plans are short and medium term with the stadium. Not a pop by any means but I thought it was stated fans would be kept more in the loop with all things Southend when they got in.
I think they have been rather busy in the last couple of weeks 🤦‍♂️.

I’m confident that updates and dialogue will be forthcoming as the season gets going.

I just raised this with Justin and this as expected was his response:

We don't want it to be about us. We want focus on the pitch and just a day of celebration.

We will be there (everyone except George can make it) and I'm sure there'll be lots of interaction with fans throughout the day but us formally making ourselves centre of attention doesn't feel right.

Fans selling out Roots Hall is the best thanks
You’ve released Zack brunt from your closet now have you ? It’s Justin’s turn now
Sales have hit a plateau unfortunately, as nobody wants to sit in the South Lower. Understandably.

Something needs to be done about that area asap (along with the NW corner). Whether it's making the seats cheaper, or ripping out and making safe-standing, something needs to be done with the South Lower. It's 500 odd wasted seats or potentially £10k.

Shame we cant stick away fans there. Would be a perfect use of that area.
they should rip them. Out and make it standing two rows of barriers would be brilliant

You’ve released Zack brunt from your closet now have you ? It’s Justin’s turn now

they should rip them. Out and make it standing two rows of barriers would be brilliant

It's a shame they cant give the south lower to away fans and make it standing. Maybe squeeze 12000 in there. Don't think it's possible at all.

The second best is YZ blocks in North west corner.

Either way the south lower should be a terrace and a lower price. Its a poor view and stand.

It's a shame they cant give the south lower to away fans and make it standing. Maybe squeeze 12000 in there. Don't think it's possible at all.

The second best is YZ blocks in North west corner.

Either way the south lower should be a terrace and a lower price. Its a poor view and stand.
Just the 12,000 then. Might be a tad tight.

Sales have hit a plateau unfortunately, as nobody wants to sit in the South Lower. Understandably.

Something needs to be done about that area asap (along with the NW corner). Whether it's making the seats cheaper, or ripping out and making safe-standing, something needs to be done with the South Lower. It's 500 odd wasted seats or potentially £10k.

Shame we cant stick away fans there. Would be a perfect use of that area.
I think safe standing is the best option for south lower
What is actually wrong with the north west corner

I think the only way to "fix" the South Lower is rebuilding the upper deck by raising it and building a new roof. Could then reprofile downstairs to standing but would cost £££

Shame they couldn't turn the South Lower into a food section with new ablutions. Then build another level above the existing upper level.

Shame they couldn't turn the South Lower into a food section with new ablutions. Then build another level above the existing upper level.

Unfortunately, good old Vic has left that section of the ground almost unchangeable.

I think that even the most creative architect would struggle to do anything with it. Such a narrow space. Sheriff may be able to say otherwise but looks impossibly tight.

Unfortunately, good old Vic has left that section of the ground almost unchangeable.

I think that even the most creative architect would struggle to do anything with it. Such a narrow space. Sheriff may be able to say otherwise but looks impossibly tight.
Build up and make the Frank Walton clock safer from shots over the bar

Build up and make the Frank Walton clock safer from shots over the bar
Probably the only way would be too raise the roof and redo the ceiling above the lower section. Would then be able to raise the seats in the lower slightly into a safe standing section.

Unless they could, when build a new East Stand, build it to wrap around on a lower tier. Reducing the seats in that stand but effectively moving them to the new East Stand.

Out of interest. How many seats are there in the X block? 400 odd.

Not a massive amount but still extra income being missed out on.

And on a game like this weekends opener, im sure it would have sold

Out of interest. How many seats are there in the X block? 400 odd.

Not a massive amount but still extra income being missed out on.

And on a game like this weekends opener, im sure it would have sold
Unfortunately my boring arse calculated this.

672 320 odd on the left and 350 on the right. This is because the right has 4 extra rows at the back

and block YZ has about 710

I think safe standing is the best option for south lower
What is actually wrong with the north west corner
could they smash out the floor and just put new flooring in for a safe terrace, similar to the stands behind the goals at Billericay town?

If they are going to look at the south stand. I think accessability to the Upper tier should be looked at too. The stairs at the back of the lower tier seems a bit counterproductive. Possibly do an entance on the spare wasteland to the side of the east stand?

Back