• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
I dont know how any pubs are surviving given the price of the drinks. I just feel like ive been majorly ripped off every time i buy a drink these days.
Sadly the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme has come back to bite pubs further down the line.

The heaps of ‘free’ money it threw into the economy is a contributor to the inflation we see now. It’s been talked about by various landlords including one I know personally.

This goes without mentioning the obvious energy price hikes, larger suppliers wanting to protect their margins, prohibitive alcohol duties, etc.

I don’t blame the pubs to be honest, if you value your local IMO you should still go and buy a couple if you can. Another pub gone this week, Woodmans Arms in Thundersley.

Sadly the ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme has come back to bite pubs further down the line.

The heaps of ‘free’ money it threw into the economy is a contributor to the inflation we see now. It’s been talked about by various landlords including one I know personally.

This goes without mentioning the obvious energy price hikes, larger suppliers wanting to protect their margins, prohibitive alcohol duties, etc.

I don’t blame the pubs to be honest, if you value your local IMO you should still go and buy a couple if you can. Another pub gone this week, Woodmans Arms in Thundersley.
Totally, I dont blame the pubs, economic circumstances, supermarkets etc have made their business model unviable. They will be missed when they are gone.

I think i have read this thread from front to back 10 times since it was created. This, for me at least, is one of the most exciting topics we can have as a set of fans who have been saved, not only from extinction, but from moving away from a much loved home.

Potential capacity, joining corners of the ground, where will I be able to get a drink, what drink will it be, will there be onions in my burger, what statues should be placed where. It all seemed so pie in the sky for 25 years or more and now it may only be weeks away!

One request from me, can we see more mock up pictures of what we would like or think might happen, the ones I have seen on this thread so far fill me with so much joy!

Totally, I dont blame the pubs, economic circumstances, supermarkets etc have made their business model unviable. They will be missed when they are gone.
Absolutely mate. It’s a real shame. The pub is often the centre of a local community. I hope the club offer those close to RH a chance to franchise the bars in the ground, put a few quid in their coffers.

If we had moved to Fossets Farm, I suggest that nearly all match day income for those pubs would have gone. So, there is little difference with Roots Hall selling beers on a larger scale than now on match days.

The railway is still only a 10 or 15min walk from fossetts so think they still would have been busy.

I’m wondering if the club will go along the lines of building/rebuilding one stand per season, that could be feasible. Naturally there will be disruption (I take it the NL rules will not permit a ban on away fans during such construction?).

Would be good to see local Breweries feature in any new bars, like LOS, Wakering and Black Rock (IIIRC? - the one up Aviation Way).
I'm sure Sherif said that we could do it stand by stand over the summer and almost have no disruption to capacity. I guess the East might be the except a bigger build job.

Reactions: jnl
What about renting out the car park on nonmatch days to hospital staff,freeing up some paces in the hospital car park for visitors and also generating some income for roots hall
the state the car park is in it's more likely to be making more work for the hospital staff than doing them any good

No - either print at home or download onto phone - haven't needed to collect online tickets for a couple of years.

The club has put the infrastructure in to avoid ticket office queues - maybe they need to publicise it a bit more, so more fans are aware - any signs whilst queueing to suggest to use your phone instead?
last time I went I could do online and have. seems to be a very recent thing. don't think there were any signs, but there is the option when buying online

Back