• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future The regeneration of Roots Hall

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
weare Aussie owned , so Kangaroo steaks , platypus burgers , Shrimp on the bbq and off course a good old pie and sauce goes down well with a Victoria bitter,. Ill go get my coat .

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. Lets start with onions in the burgers and take it from there. Small moves...
Agreed. Again last match there was no Bovril, so had to settle for a very watery hot chocolate for £2.20 (I think). Wouldn’t take much to upgrade what we already have or add stuff to the menu. I do think the beer tent with links to local pubs/breweries would be great.

These things are small but would make a massive difference and might even persuade people back, or turn a few of those 2/3 games a season types into regulars.

I would certainly go more than I have in recent years if the overall experience was better in terms of food & drink availability, unobstructed view etc.

I remember going to Lincoln many years ago on a bitterly cold day and they listed soup. "What flavour soup have you got?" I asked "what do you want?" they replied, then opened a draw and had a full array of packet soups. I made my choice they opened the packet added hot water and I had a very warming drink.

Simple but effective

Reactions: jnl
Agreed. Again last match there was no Bovril, so had to settle for a very watery hot chocolate for £2.20 (I think). Wouldn’t take much to upgrade what we already have or add stuff to the menu. I do think the beer tent with links to local pubs/breweries would be great.

These things are small but would make a massive difference and might even persuade people back, or turn a few of those 2/3 games a season types into regulars.

I get what you're saying, but the way they are currently doing drinks is far more cost effective than the pre-measured ones. With proper training, the instant hot chocolate and coffee would be far better commercially. You could do Bovril like that too.

Incidentally, I've not had a problem with the burgers in the West for some time, they're usually fresh by the time we get round there and there are always onions on offer! Having said that, the food choices could definitely be improved.

I've mentioned in a previous thread, but we could do what Birmingham have been doing, whereby they invite several different street vendors for each game. The Menu's go up on socials prior to the game and it's well advertised, helps local businesses get their names out there, club gets a fee for the 'pitch' and decent food all round. Each game you invite different vendors, and ensure its marketed to support.

Attachments

• original-3AC26FB2-FF4D-46F8-B380-63156A3F89F2.jpeg
    original-3AC26FB2-FF4D-46F8-B380-63156A3F89F2.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 63
I've mentioned in a previous thread, but we could do what Birmingham have been doing, whereby they invite several different street vendors for each game. The Menu's go up on socials prior to the game and it's well advertised, helps local businesses get their names out there, club gets a fee for the 'pitch' and decent food all round. Each game you invite different vendors, and ensure its marketed to support.

West Ham have a slightly similar setup, with vendors dotted around their concourse/stadium.

Admittedly I’ve only been there once (which was for a concert last summer, not football), so I don’t know if these vendors are the same every week, but the prices were ridiculous which put me and I dare say many other off.

I found this pic from last month. Whatever we do at RH, the pricing needs to be realistic otherwise the whole thing will fall flat on its face.

IMG_5960.jpeg

West Ham have a slightly similar setup, with vendors dotted around their concourse/stadium.

Admittedly I’ve only been there once (which was for a concert last summer, not football), so I don’t know do these vendors are the same every week, but the prices were ridiculous which put me and I dare say many other off.

I found this pic from last month. Whatever we do at RH, the pricing needs to be realistic otherwise the whole thing will fall flat on its face.

View attachment 29415
What seriously boils my **** here is that the price of a 330ml bottle of 0% is the same as a pint of 4.7% lager. It's stupid encouragement of drinking because you're getting better "value".

These days I like to mix it up and have a few 0%s alongside my not 0%s but coming out at something equivalent to £11.20 a pint, I know which one I'd be opting for.

Sorry - totally off topic, but it proper gets me how people are essentially "punished" for not drinking alcohol and then on the other hand you just hear how bad the Brits are for drinking etc

I get what you're saying, but the way they are currently doing drinks is far more cost effective than the pre-measured ones. With proper training, the instant hot chocolate and coffee would be far better commercially. You could do Bovril like that too.

Incidentally, I've not had a problem with the burgers in the West for some time, they're usually fresh by the time we get round there and there are always onions on offer! Having said that, the food choices could definitely be improved.
I'm sorry but how much training do you need to pour hot water into a plastic cup with the hot chocolate/coffee etc already in the bottom and stir it.

Don’t forget, most disposable coffee cups come with a “Warning: Contents may be hot” print/stamp on them.

Never underestimate the stupidity of human beings.
We made the mistake of buying our coffee from the West Stand food bar once. I'm pretty certain that I now have no finger prints whatsoever as the disposable cups were so thin and the liquid inside so hot that those beakers had my finger tips welded to the outside of them. Makes burglary a lot easier now though.

We made the mistake of buying our coffee from the West Stand food bar once. I'm pretty certain that I now have no finger prints whatsoever as the disposable cups were so thin and the liquid inside so hot that those beakers had my finger tips welded to the outside of them. Makes burglary a lot easier now though.
I had to go to first aid once as the lid came off the cup and the coffee scalded me🤬🤬🤬 This was in the East Stand.

• Wow
Reactions: RHB
I had to go to first aid once as the lid came off the cup and the coffee scalded me🤬🤬🤬 This was in the East Stand.
Funnily enough I had the same in 2012 at Eton Dorney whilst watching the Olympic kayaking.
Beware SUFC and chums Coffee

1696946331087.png

What seriously boils my **** here is that the price of a 330ml bottle of 0% is the same as a pint of 4.7% lager. It's stupid encouragement of drinking because you're getting better "value".

These days I like to mix it up and have a few 0%s alongside my not 0%s but coming out at something equivalent to £11.20 a pint, I know which one I'd be opting for.

Sorry - totally off topic, but it proper gets me how people are essentially "punished" for not drinking alcohol and then on the other hand you just hear how bad the Brits are for drinking etc

To be fair whilst it is irritating, depending on their suppliers both products could actually carry a similar cost. To hand my supplier lists prices per 330ml bottle vary wildly from 50p a bottle ex vat from a cash and carry up to a whopping £1.25 per 330ml bottle ex vat from an on trade supplier. Whilst Amstel I'm seeing prices ranging from £1.15 per 568ml up to £2.27 per 568ml.

Though they are more than likely just fleecing customers :ROFL:

Last edited:
Back