• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Football Tournament of 2024. Held in Germany.

so with first matches completed, whats your take on it . Mine well ive always thought the 1st match is most important its to me the nervy round where teams and players all know a loss to begin with makes it hard to qualify from your group. England will play much better now they have that out off the way , Scotland well they are a very proud people they will improve im sure ,but wont qualify from there group, France i have no doubt will get better, Spain are Spain they will Qualify but there brand of football wont win them the euros, Some surprise results yes there has been,but most teams now will settle down and start to play Germany are Germany im not sure what to expect from them hard to really know as Scotland were so poor. How good are they we will see when they face some good opposition, Portugal a team loaded with talent, but are they relying too much on a 38 year old playing in the Saudi league .Belguim wont win the euros neither will Croatia. My pick at this present time is either France Germany, or England ,with Portugal my outsiders . Yes i didnt forget the eyties no they wont win .

The Germans have gone from zeros to heros(here again).
Their confidence is now really high, which could be bad for the rest of us.
I had hoped the Jocks would hold out for longer, but IF Hungary can hold out for say 30 minutes,Germans heads could drop and the fans normally get the"hump" here quickly.

Can’t see Hungary holding off a rejuvenated Germany team.
Scots the worst side in the tournament so far, Swiss looked a useful outfit, Scots back on the plane tonight.

I thought Kane was superb. Isolated up front he gave a masterclass in holding the ball up. Despite being outnumbered he was first to everything, had an impeccable first touch, used his strength to hold off the defenders and won numerous freekicks.

His performance was in contrast to that of Alexander-Arnold and Foden. Alexander-Arnold continued the rich Liverpool tradition of disappointing in an England shirt (Owen aside) and was Serbia’s biggest threat whilst Foden failed to live up to his reputation and was messing up easy passes under no pressure.
You need to add Keegan, Ray Clemance , Roger Hunt, Phil Thompson, Emlyn Hughes’s to those who have have joined Owen in role of honour when wearing the three lions

The Germs are not having things their own way this afternoon. Hungary are giving them a fair old work out at the moment.

Back