• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Football Tournament of 2024. Held in Germany.

Great ****housery from the Stuttgart stadium team - playing sweet caroline at half time - didn't go down well with the jocks.

Looked a pen to the Scots then? Might have been offside first, but they didn't even seem to review that bit.

I just watched the Germany vs. Switzerland match, and it was intense! I've been a football fan for years, having watched games with my dad and now sharing the passion with my son.

Cheered for that goal louder than any England goal. Absolutely woeful team Scotland. The euros should be 16 teams top 2 qualify. Not right that we have to wait till all the group games are over to see which 3rd place teams go through.

Agreed and I would scrap the current qualification format.

I would have hosts and previous winners automatically qualify.

The 56 remaining teams would go from highest ranked to lowest rank and face a two legged match to get down to down 28 then again next round to get down to 14 remaining teams into a 16 team group format again.

All this would happen in June.

It was a fantastic upset but I don't think Greece deserve to automatically make every Euros just because they won it 20 years ago. Even with the expanded 24 teams format they weren't good enough to qualify for this.

It was a fantastic upset but I don't think Greece deserve to automatically make every Euros just because they won it 20 years ago. Even with the expanded 24 teams format they weren't good enough to qualify for this.
I’m it would be of the previous tournament not every previous winner since it began lol.

Thought France very lucky and Netherlands very hard done by the VAR clots, their player clearly didn’t touch the ball or impede or obstruct the vision of the keeper who made no attempt at making a save.
The Dutch number 7 was clearly in an offside position throughout.As Bill Shankly so memorably said:"_If he's not interfering with play what's he doing on the pitch?"

Agreed and I would scrap the current qualification format.

The 56 remaining teams would go from highest ranked to lowest rank and face a two legged match to get down to down 28 then again next round to get down to 14 remaining teams into a 16 team group format again.

All this would happen in June.
How would the host work if England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland co host, do it on penalty shoot out 😂

Just seen Italy get a late& deserved IMO equaliser against the yesterday's men of croatia to go 2nd in their group-
Italy were awful for the majority of the game, take the last 10 minutes away and they deserved to lose. You can never rule the Italians out but I'd make Switzerland the favourites to beat them based on form.

The only reason they didn't lose is because Croatia made the absolutely brain dead decision to commit men forward to go for a second goal in added time, they were begging to be countered. They're like the anti-England, we don't attack when we should and Croatia don't defend when they should.

Back