• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Football Tournament of 2024. Held in Germany.

Well after this euro finals thats the Scots done for another 30 years.

Was in Munich for a few hours before the game.
Thought the Jocks and German fans were quite.
Now after winning 5-1,i expect the Germans to be back and telling everyone how great they are.
As for the CANNY SCOTS...instead of buying beers for 6-8 euros,they were buying crates of beer (20 beers,10 liters) for about 15 euros and sat around drinking them.Even taking the crates into beer gardens and sitting outsde pubs,pouring beers into empty beer glasses.

Was in Munich for a few hours before the game.
Thought the Jocks and German fans were quite.
Now after winning 5-1,i expect the Germans to be back and telling everyone how great they are.
As for the CANNY SCOTS...instead of buying beers for 6-8 euros,they were buying crates of beer (20 beers,10 liters) for about 15 euros and sat around drinking them.Even taking the crates into beer gardens and sitting outsde pubs,pouring beers into empty beer glasses.
I’d be surprised if they were pouring beer into full glasses

What is the point of having European qualification groups if it’s going to admit weak teams into the finals? Like European domestic football tourneys the whole thing is getting dumbed down in the name of advertising, media subscriptions etc.

What is the point of having European qualification groups if it’s going to admit weak teams into the finals? Like European domestic football tourneys the whole thing is getting dumbed down in the name of advertising, media subscriptions etc.
Because it gives countries and supporters a chance play or watch their team in a big event
You can say why are we in FA cup in your basis of thoughts or playing at all as Premier league is the holy grail, and we have no hope of ever reaching that status

Having weak teams is nothing new: Scotland featured in in 1992, 1996 and 2020.

Switzerland looked very good going forwards, could be another big loss for Scotland if they play like they did yesterday.

I think it's very hard to pick between Germany, France and England. They all look devastating on their day. Spain are very good coming forward, but the test will be when they are attacked, as their defence is much weaker than normal. Germany have clearly been told to smash the ball with power at the goal, and it clearly worked against a woeful Scotland.

I think it's very hard to pick between Germany, France and England. They all look devastating on their day. Spain are very good coming forward, but the test will be when they are attacked, as their defence is much weaker than normal. Germany have clearly been told to smash the ball with power at the goal, and it clearly worked against a woeful Scotland.
mate, Germany's starting centre backs won the Champions League, Spanish league, and German league this season starting. we have Lewis Dunk from Brighton. we're in a league below. I think football is usually about weaknesses, not strengths. no use having Kane up front with me in goal

Two pf those sides ((and I'd also include Spain) might well win the Euros.England won't .

Notice Spain weren't attacked seriosly by Croatia Today (unless you include possession stats) in the 2nd half .

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyed Spain's ist half demolition and win over the yesterday's men of Croatia earlier

Also saw the last 10 mins ior so of Switzerland's 3-1 win over Hungary before that.Looks like more bad news for the Jocks on Wed.

70s...if you watch German football,national or league teams they do try and shoot from around the penalty area often. Would like to see England do that more often as well

70s...if you watch German football,national or league teams they do try and shoot from around the penalty area often. Would like to see England do that more often as well
Yes. But what I like about them is the power in the shots. So the goalie has less chance to save them. The Scotland goalie looked shocked as the ball hit the net on a couple of those.

Back