• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Football Tournament of 2024. Held in Germany.

I think it's very hard to pick between Germany, France and England. They all look devastating on their day. Spain are very good coming forward, but the test will be when they are attacked, as their defence is much weaker than normal. Germany have clearly been told to smash the ball with power at the goal, and it clearly worked against a woeful Scotland.
Have you seen England's defence, though ? :Think:(I hope i'm wrong on that)

Have you seen England's defence, though ? :Think:(I hope i'm wrong on that)
Yep, and that is a massive weakness, apart from Walker. Thankfully, we have never been so blessed with the attacking strengths from the rest of the team. I'm hoping we just keep outscoring the opposition. I'm hoping the penny drops with Southgate that playing for a 1-0 type score in this team is too risky because of our defence. We need to go for it more and let our really gifted players like Foden and Bellingham, play with freedom to attack.

Walker, Gomez and Stones are all good ball players, and agile, fast. Left back position is a quandary BUT with some injury luck our defence is not poor, just lacking in back up and left sided players.

Relatively easy opposition so far for Germany, Spain and Italy. Scotland 3rd-rate, Croatia old and slow, Albania livelier but lacking any quality. Swiss could be a surprise package.

This is why England will not win a tournament. So much talent but far too safe and defensive second half. Against better teams, we would get punished big time. We'll get through the group but France will win it.

Yep, and that is a massive weakness, apart from Walker. Thankfully, we have never been so blessed with the attacking strengths from the rest of the team. I'm hoping we just keep outscoring the opposition. I'm hoping the penny drops with Southgate that playing for a 1-0 type score in this team is too risky because of our defence. We need to go for it more and let our really gifted players like Foden and Bellingham, play with freedom to attack.
You were saying about hanging on for a 1-0 draw lol. I know Kane is one of our own, but he's horrible to watch, falling over at the slightest touch.

Jude Bellinghsm scored a superb goal and England had a great first half but they failed to live up to Cesc's 3-0 win pre-match prediction thus demonstrating that unlike Germany & Spain (along with France tonight) IMO that they are not potential title favourites,

Last edited:
You were saying about hanging on for a 1-0 draw lol. I know Kane is one of our own, but he's horrible to watch, falling over at the slightest touch.
Yep, Southgate is more about hanging onto a 1-0 in a tight game, rather than go and get another goal. It's in his DNA. We got lucky. Kane looked nowhere near his best last night after a long season. I wasn't surprised he started, but was surprised he wasn't taken off earlier. I don't thing TAA was great in midfield, and I prefer EZE to be there. I would also have liked to see Cole Palmer come on for the last 15 minutes, as he's had such a brilliant season.

Back