• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Gateshead, Saturday 28th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Results

• Total voters
Kev's pre-match interview suggests he's trying to get a couple of bodies in, but 'not sure that will happen by the weekend.'
In manager-speak he all but confirmed Taylor's absence, and Walker being used as a sub to manage him back was also made clear.
Miley and Waldron's return is some time away, but Coker's done a little work on grass.

It seems tickets are quite slow for this one.

Only about 150 sold since yesterday afternoon

Still hoping for 6500 on the day with about 30-40 from Gateshead.

4 4 2 makes a lot of sense to me - for how many seasons (back all the way to Phil Brown & even under Tilly at times) we have put round players in square pegs rather than changing the way we play?

I know, I know - not a popular point of view - but there it is.
Agree 100%

4 4 2 makes a lot of sense to me - for how many seasons (back all the way to Phil Brown & even under Tilly at times) we have put round players in square pegs rather than changing the way we play?

I know, I know - not a popular point of view - but there it is.
Trouble is inconveniently most teams now play with three in CM. When we have tried it we usually get overrun.

Moot point as we work on and the whole team is set up to play 352- vanishingly small chance of us going 442. Gus or Wind will be RCB

Back