• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Gateshead, Saturday 28th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Results

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies @Tommy2holes @Sussexshrimper @rigsby

I haven't been to the Railway since I played there with my band in the 1980s. This tells you I'll be a relatively older geezer, wearing a silver and grey Avec replica training top (2010? - I can't remember the vintage). That's how you'll identify me if you fancy saying 'hello' to a fellow Zoner/non-moaner.

It sounds like the Railway is the place to be...
Quality of ales 🤔🤔

It’s a shame we’re missing a few players for this one, I think a fully fit team against Gateshead would have really given us a clear indication where we’re at as a team.. Gateshead look an incredible well drilled outfit who will no doubt play an envious direct attacking style of football.

This will be an interesting one.
Agreed and it either works really well or as per Dags crashes and burns
Highly entertaining though

Ha ha so who is right wing?
Just put your team down in full.

Knowing how they play, we have done really well with them previously by playing the aggressive press - something that we have not done for a while I feel.

with that in mind, if we don't sign emergency cover then I'd go with:

Collin

Gus

 Morton
Crowther
Gubbins

Bridge

Husin

KAF
Moncur

Bonne
Pepple

I would be willing to play Morton at the back purely as a possession keeper with a licence to travel l. Gateshead arrive with runners into the box and are brilliant at attacking with speed.

It's going to be interesting to see how we play full stop.
Obviously we’ve since signed a defender on loan but would that Morton as LCB or as more of a sweeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back