• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Gateshead, Saturday 28th September, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Results

• Total voters
It seems tickets are quite slow for this one.

Only about 150 sold since yesterday afternoon

Still hoping for 6500 on the day with about 30-40 from Gateshead.
I reckon there will be a late rush when more people realise there won’t be any more rain and it’ll be sunny all day tomorrow. Should end up in the upper 6,000s.

Wind looks quite good to me, if needs be Id be happy to go with him as equivalent of right back, would have to be alongside Crowther and Gubbins, who I think is better than some give credit too, and start with Moreton
However to be /get in this position is dreadful. One more Hammy , ankle or knee, then what?
I've said this many times.
Give Wind a chance.

One man to keep an eye on is Regan Booty, son of Martin. Great balls into the box from anywhere from 35yds out. Both sides of the pitch. Rumour is we wanted him last summer and had an obvious connection... You all know why that never happened

Watch the highlights of their game with Eastleigh and you will understand how dangerous he can be. Someone needs to close him down and not given him space in our third. Easier said than done because they have some quality in their midfield and their forwards know it and expect it.....Thats why they are 5th and we are 13th.

Enjoy tomorrow I'm expecting a good game.

One man to keep an eye on is Regan Booty, son of Martin. Great balls into the box from anywhere from 35yds out. Both sides of the pitch. Rumour is we wanted him last summer and had an obvious connection... You all know why that never happened

Watch the highlights of their game with Eastleigh and you will understand how dangerous he can be. Someone needs to close him down and not given him space in our third. Easier said than done because they have some quality in their midfield and their forwards know it and expect it.....Thats why they are 5th and we are 13th.

Enjoy tomorrow I'm expecting a good game.
So am i, & one of few games where i don't expect the opposition to sit back, waste time & just hope to hit us on the break.

Back