• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dagenham & Redbridge, Monday 26th August, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southend United Football Club

rptdsSnoeo4722t8tmmc8c7m131u4l4c1gcg978i0t8mf2if89tm1mg767a3 ·

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#

🙌
We've passed 8,000 ticket sales!

Several blocks are sold out, with the best availability in the South Stand Lower.
Buy here
👉
https://tinyurl.com/mtzjx8b3
May be an image of text
Impressive, whats our actual capacity? This must be close.

Is pikey a racist term? Last time we were at Millwall the chant of pikies was used more than once towards the home supporters.
Its a lazy term and my age determines that I don't find it overly offensive, I come from traveller stock, it is about time the word was done away with, it originally meant outcast from the gypsy community but the word is absolutely used in an offensive way these days and as such should be consigned to history, the travelling community is as diverse as the housed population so one size/word does fit all. Lets move on and hope for a win today.

Wondering how long it will be before some numpty asks if she's coming down to have a chat with Moncur.

(Disclaimer... I've defended him when some posters called him 'fat' and said he's carrying a fair bit of timber... so don't take this the wrong way).
Even so, always worries me when players look 'fuller' than previous seasons.
Just been comparing Moncur pics from campaigns past. He's just turned 31, but needs to shed a couple of kilos.
Think current Premier League footballers; how many would you say need to modify their diet?
Athleticism is the one area any pro can compete with the top flight.

I've lost the plot trying to find out whether todays game is available in UK live on DAZN or whatever. Does anyone know and if it is on could you please put up the link. Thank you

Would be interested in the stats but my sense has been that the quantity and quality of balls into the box has been poor so far. Cardwell is great on the end of these but the delivery has been poor. We also appear reluctant to use the long throw from Gus much, preferring a fake and going short. I get that it might be about ball to feet and a more dangerous cross but too often it resorts to us playing back into our half. Would much prefer the lottery of having the ball in the air around the 6 yard box and hope we might see this a bit more later.

I've lost the plot trying to find out whether todays game is available in UK live on DAZN or whatever. Does anyone know and if it is on could you please put up the link. Thank you
Really annoyed that TNT lost the rights or didn’t bother to get them.

National league has lost their platform now. Seriously disappointing

Comment on Walker, from a daggers fan:

"Was always an issue with him unfortunately, shame as without injuries he’s a 20+ goals a season player at this level."

That's why we definitely need another striker with a decent track record to add to the squad.

So today expecting Wadron and cards to be up top again.

Think I might start with

Collin
Taylor Kensdale Ralph
Gus Miley Bridge
Moncur Noor
Cardwell Waldron

And then change to

Collin
Taylor. Kensdale Gubbins
Gus Miley Morton Ralph
Waldron Cardwell Bridge

On 60 mins when 2-0 up.

Switch in Walker for Waldron if fit.

Would be interested in the stats but my sense has been that the quantity and quality of balls into the box has been poor so far. Cardwell is great on the end of these but the delivery has been poor. We also appear reluctant to use the long throw from Gus much, preferring a fake and going short. I get that it might be about ball to feet and a more dangerous cross but too often it resorts to us playing back into our half. Would much prefer the lottery of having the ball in the air around the 6 yard box and hope we might see this a bit more later.
To me this is something we’ve not improved on in the last few seasons. Nice early balls into the box and better use of set pieces, corners especially. Kev must be aware of this weakness and they must train on them, no? You’d think. So hopefully spurred on by Moncur we can put in some early crosses/passes/corners for Cardwell and Waldron to capitalise on. Or Gus, the goalscoring machine.

Hopefully it’s one of those games where we attack early to try and build up a lead .. and hopefully we take our chances!

Last edited:
I'll guess at 0-0 today, two teams that'll cancel each other out and will be battling for 10th at the end of the season. Will be encouraging the boys from the Blue Voice block as usual. A Daggers red card would be nice though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back