• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dagenham & Redbridge, Monday 26th August, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a disaster if Danny isn’t available. If so, I don’t think Moncur is anywhere close to being fit to start, so I’d go:

Collin
Taylor, Kensdale, Ralph
GSM, Husin, Miley, Morton, Bridge
Coker
Cardwell
Crowther in for Kensdale if he’s not fit. But I think Kev will probably keep the shape the same and put Wood up front with Cards which I’m not a fan of from what I saw last season.
Thing is Noor is supposed to be brought back carefully- his fitness concerns are injury related- where as Moncur just needs match fitness- so I would argue the latter is less of a risk

Impressive, whats our actual capacity? This must be close.
8118 (815 in the north bank for away fans)

add 497 for Block A in the east. This block doesnt go on sale for blues. Believe its for the players families. Dont know if it counts as capacity or not.

Same with the Directors box which is about 160.

Then there is the boxes which i believe is about 450-500.

So in total, around 9225?

Possible that the boxes or other source of tickets might be Block A sales and directors box. So not sure

Thing is Noor is supposed to be brought back carefully- his fitness concerns are injury related- where as Moncur just needs match fitness- so I would argue the latter is less of a risk
I do totally agree. But having seen Moncur’s fitness the last couple of games, whilst class, he looks like he’d be absolutely flat on his arse after half an hour.

Not great is it when it’s August and down to one fit striker…what happens if Cards gets injured 10 minutes in? Crowther up top?
The embargo put us behind on recruitment, and we rightly need to be sensible re budget, but it’s getting kind of urgent.

Probably Wood gets an unexpected chance to shine and he really needs to take it!!
Is that you moaning about transfers ? You’ll get banned on commenting on the transfer thread at this rate 😂😂😂

Having missed out on so many first, second and maybe even third choice targets, I do wonder if we’re now more targeting the loan market instead, which might mean we have to be a bit patient as the deadline gets closer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back