• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v Dagenham & Redbridge, Monday 26th August, 15:00k.o., NL

Starting XI and result

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comment on Walker, from a daggers fan:

"Was always an issue with him unfortunately, shame as without injuries he’s a 20+ goals a season player at this level."

That's why we definitely need another striker with a decent track record to add to the squad.

So today expecting Wadron and cards to be up top again.
I would love it if Waldron had a stormer today and smashed in a couple. What a lift that would be for everyone, especially him.

Wood up front with Cards? 😬

Or park the bus with Cards up front on his jack and hope we get a scrappy deflection / OG / GSM screamer from RWB ?

Bad news if Waldron is missing,down to just one fit striker in the squad. Who on earth will play up front, surely not Wood after Saturday.

10 at the back and long balls for cardwell to chase then.

Defend and try to nick one, i smell another riveting afternoon of "possesion" football

Wouldn’t mind seeing a 4 2 3 1 in that case

Gus Crowther Gubbins Ralf
Miley Morton
Wood Moncur Bridge
Cardwell
Actually forgot Taylor so swap him for Morton and he can drop in to make a back 3 if a change in shape required.

Or you could bring Wind in and swap Wood for Gus..actually so many permutations with that formation

Last edited:
Not great is it when it’s August and down to one fit striker…what happens if Cards gets injured 10 minutes in? Crowther up top?
The embargo put us behind on recruitment, and we rightly need to be sensible re budget, but it’s getting kind of urgent.

Probably Wood gets an unexpected chance to shine and he really needs to take it!!

This is not a bad shout given resources- Kev has been very reluctant to revert to 4 at the back
I posted after that as Taylor was missing, he could replace Crowther or Morton…with the players we have available it gives us a lot more options and can always revert back to usual if not working.

Bit of a disaster if Danny isn’t available. If so, I don’t think Moncur is anywhere close to being fit to start, so I’d go:

Collin
Taylor, Kensdale, Ralph
GSM, Husin, Miley, Morton, Bridge
Coker
Cardwell
Crowther in for Kensdale if he’s not fit. But I think Kev will probably keep the shape the same and put Wood up front with Cards which I’m not a fan of from what I saw last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back