• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-1 Chertsey Town. FA Cup.

I went down to support a young and inexperienced coaching team.

You'll never see me enter any technical area, ever, anywhere again.

I was invited into the dressing room before, during and after and to give input.

A first FA Cup win for a decade.
First time we've scored 4 in 3 years ( will stand corrected).

If we're United, we all pitch in and I pitched in. But I will not be doing that ever again because we'll have a managerial team to do that. I just wanted to help Demi and let him know I had his back. That's important.
After going 1 down so early and almost 2 after 8 minutes, we did well to get back. Stan going down and putting his arm around a few lads saying some positive words inspired them. Their performance after that raised. In my opinion, if that's the outcome, Stan should be in that technical area more. There are a lot of young players lacking confidence and this win will do them the world of good. I'm sure Dimi, Coulson and White appreciated your input Stan. Keep up the support you are giving the boys and the club. We need a voice and inspiring presence right now.

An early goal conceded was my prediction before kick off. Thankfully that and their next wasted chance got our minds fixed on the work needed.
Fitness was a huge factor in turning this tie for us and certainly balanced against an unsettled and iIl balanced but forced starting line up.
For me this game did highlight and focus some issues and especially weaknesses.
Seadon, okay, ish, but not ready, slow distribution.
Ralph, MoM, fast, agile, fit, enthusiastic.
Dunne, a leader but limited in pace and passing.
Howard, got better and may have a future.
Bridge, great with ball, causes problems, makes runs BUT his team mates too often don't seem to be on the same wavelength.
Atko, should be running coach and sub but not a starter, tries but...
Fergie, pick of midfield, getting more involved each game.
Phillips, drifts in and out of game, needs leadership and pushing.
Egbri, love his enthusiasm but zip end product, couldn't get a free kick today.
Murph and Dalby, so so games, but a a front two who know their role.

Walsh, good cameo and my preference over Eggers.

Impeccable 1 minutes silence.

Last edited:
The old guy next to me went absolutely berserk when Kargbo was introduced. He was screaming 'he's ****ing useless' and other encouraging sentiments. and doing it very loudly. Bottom line, Brown bought Kargbo in and Demi decided to play him for the last few minutes today. As we were home and dry by then I would have thought it was worth giving the bloke a few words of encouragement rather than the abuse that spewed out of the bloke.

God, just imagine his reaction if we had been 4-1 down and not 4-1 up!

I went down to support a young and inexperienced coaching team.

You'll never see me enter any technical area, ever, anywhere again.

I was invited into the dressing room before, during and after and to give input.

A first FA Cup win for a decade.
First time we've scored 4 in 3 years ( will stand corrected).

If we're United, we all pitch in and I pitched in. But I will not be doing that ever again because we'll have a managerial team to do that. I just wanted to help Demi and let him know I had his back. That's important.
Our last FA Cup win was only three years ago, 6-2 after extra time in a First Round replay at Crawley Town.

We last scored four in a match on 12th January 2019, 4-0 away at Bradford City, so a little under three years ago, but not far off.

The old guy next to me went absolutely berserk when Kargbo was introduced. He was screaming 'he's ****ing useless' and other encouraging sentiments. and doing it very loudly. Bottom line, Brown bought Kargbo in and Demi decided to play him for the last few minutes today. As we were home and dry by then I would have thought it was worth giving the bloke a few words of encouragement rather than the abuse that spewed out of the bloke.
Regardless of whether any supporters rate Kargbo, Dalby was struggling with cramp (he’d gone down twice to stretch out in quick succession), so he needed to be replaced. Kargbo was the obvious replacement, especially with Rush already on the pitch (they also linked up quite well in pre-season), so for me abusing the lad is completely unfathomable.

it may have been 'only Chertsey', but we had a very much a makeshift line up particularly at the back, so wait til the big guns are back!

Great to get a win with a patched up side.Whoever gets the hot seat has something to work with and few to release.Fingers crossed we get a decent draw onwards and upwards

What ever stan said today definitely worked!! Didn't think he would be in the dug out but was obviously told by Ron to help out! and as soon as there was an oppurtunity to talk to the players his words seem to inspire our players and performances increased.
I agree but please tell me how he was obviously told by Ron?

Back