• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-1 Chertsey Town. FA Cup.

Fantastic to have a win, so rare for us we all can't help smiling but please let's take a reality check "Chertsey" ? how far we have fallen if we think beating a team I believe are in the same tier of football as Southend Manor means all the cr@p of the last 3 years has been put right?

Still nice to smile ? but the rot in our club cannot be undone in a week and probably not a month or a year. One step at a time ?

A good win very win help pick the team up that was on the floor a week ago . It may have only been chertsey but you have to beat the team that your playing on the day .Two things that made me Angry .One the so called fans that gave murphy stick when he was replaced ..and even in more bad taste was the few that had to call for Ron martin to go .Today was not the right time to do this .On the light what has happened in the last 24 hours .

I have to be honest. Where I was (east yellows). There was a much applause for all the players, including Murphy.

Yes there was a little chorus of Martin out but it was very brief and I'm not sure that a local politician being murdered has any bearing on any Martin out chants.

The minutes silence impeccably observed and I didn't get involved this week in the Martin out chants.

Yep- CP picked up on this. It’s a very very few fans- it’s just that they are very loud, and the volume and quantity of their observations appear to be inversely proportional to their knowledge and understanding of the game. But they will tell you they buy their ticket and, therefore, are entitled to abuse whoever they want. Unfortunately their bellows are normally littered with obscenities and a complete unawareness of families sat with children nearby.

That said not sure what the answer is. But it is a small number.
The old guy next to me went absolutely berserk when Kargbo was introduced. He was screaming 'he's ****ing useless' and other encouraging sentiments. and doing it very loudly. Bottom line, Brown bought Kargbo in and Demi decided to play him for the last few minutes today. As we were home and dry by then I would have thought it was worth giving the bloke a few words of encouragement rather than the abuse that spewed out of the bloke.

The old guy next to me went absolutely berserk when Kargbo was introduced. He was screaming 'he's ****ing useless' and other encouraging sentiments. and doing it very loudly. Bottom line, Brown bought Kargbo in and Demi decided to play him for the last few minutes today. As we were home and dry by then I would have thought it was worth giving the bloke a few words of encouragement rather than the abuse that spewed out of the bloke.
Yeah its well out of order.

Kargbo is by all accounts rubbish, but bringing a young striker on when your coasting to give them minutes and confidence is precisely the right thing to do. Lots of strikers often need that first goal to get them going.

Yep- CP picked up on this. It’s a very very few fans- it’s just that they are very loud, and the volume and quantity of their observations appear to be inversely proportional to their knowledge and understanding of the game. But they will tell you they buy their ticket and, therefore, are entitled to abuse whoever they want. Unfortunately their bellows are normally littered with obscenities and a complete unawareness of families sat with children nearby.

That said not sure what the answer is. But it is a small number.
Fans like that would still be shouting their foul abuse even if we were top of the Championship :Sad:

Thats a good win all things considered, and with a new manager coming in maybe a chance to get back a winning mentality.

I dare say stan going down to the dugout is precisely the reason PB didnt want him at the club, and probably why ron is scared to have him running rampant at the club.
I went down to support a young and inexperienced coaching team.

You'll never see me enter any technical area, ever, anywhere again.

I was invited into the dressing room before, during and after and to give input.

If we're United, we all pitch in and I pitched in. But I will not be doing that ever again because we'll have a managerial team to do that. I just wanted to help Demi and let him know I had his back. That's important.

Last edited:
You know we won when an hour after the game this thread only has 3 pages instead of the regular 13 pages.

Let's hope we get some players return from injury for the next game with a new manager to boot.

Listening to the radio, the back three sounded worrying in the first half, which is expected as they have probably never played together in those positions.

Bridge and Phillips sounded like our main creative threats. Egbri ran around a lot, put a couple of crossing in but seemed to lose it or overrun it most the time. Ferguson seemed an attacking threat with the goal and getting into some shooting chances. No idea about Atkinson as it sounded like he didn't want to shoot and didn't hear his name much when building up attacks.

Murphy got a goal and got into good positions. Sounded like Dalby was more involved in build up play rather than getting into shooting positions.

Great for Walsh to come on and score. Would have liked to have seen Davis and Coker come on as they could have shown something in the last 15-20 minutes. Especially with our defensive injuries, Davis might be one for the next game.

I was invited into the dressing room before, during and after and to give input.

A first FA Cup win for a decade.
First time we've scored 4 in 3 years ( will stand corrected).

If we're United, we all pitch in and I pitched in. But I will not be doing that ever again because we'll have a managerial team to do that. I just wanted to help Demi and let him know I had his back. That's important.
Wasnt meant to be a dig stan, I love the fact it means so much to you you want to get involved. That sort of energy is what we need at the moment.

I could just see how some people might not like that approach/find it threatening etc.

A first FA Cup win for a decade.
First time we've scored 4 in 3 years ( will stand corrected).

You did totally the right thing. Going 1-0 down so early, Demi and Coulson needed some kind words and direction. From what I saw, that's exactly what you did

Back