• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-1 Chertsey Town. FA Cup.

I went down to support a young and inexperienced coaching team.

You'll never see me enter any technical area, ever, anywhere again.

I was invited into the dressing room before, during and after and to give input.

A first FA Cup win for a decade.
First time we've scored 4 in 3 years ( will stand corrected).

If we're United, we all pitch in and I pitched in. But I will not be doing that ever again because we'll have a managerial team to do that. I just wanted to help Demi and let him know I had his back. That's important.
Thanks Stan I was one of those against you first off but now wish to apologise for any quotes I made against you but now I’m m fully behind you thanks for your help

Nice win after shaky start, but I was just screaming for us to shoot second half, but we still scored four. Main culprit was Will Atkinson who played well against this level of opposition but is too slow in legs and mind now if we are to move forward in this league.
Well done Demi for the win, but not vocal enough for me and subs could have been done earlier, Think Stan felt the same and needed to get down there and inject some sort of urgency. Thankfully in the grand scheme of things it did not undermine the temporary set up.

Seaden 6 not too much work
Howard 7 pleasant first game of 21
Dunne 7 marshalled nicely
Ralph 9 MOTM a colossus
Egbri 7 worked hard but a bit lightweight
Atkinson 6 please shoot
Phillips 7 kept it ticking over
Ferguson 7 powerful but so in and out
Bridge 8 a quality outlet
Dalby 7 needs a goal
Murphy 7 one who shoots at every opportunity

Walsh 7 another bright cameo
Rush 5 did he touch the ball
Kargbo 6 needless objection from one gobby fan when he came on when we was 4-1 up, Give the guy a break, was unnecessary at that point. He did put himself about for the 5 minutes he was on, one nice chest of the ball.

Looking forward to draw on Monday now and hope we draw a league one giant like Morecambe. UTB

Thought twice about going to this more due to only the East stand being open than other factors.

Ultimately I am glad I did as after conceding a scrappy goal from a long throw in I thought our under strength team responded quite well. Chertsey had been unbeaten this season albeit at a lower level thought it was clear to see from a few of there players fitness levels as well as quality was not as good. For a change lately I thought a few players played well especially Ferguson,Ralph and Egbri although it seemed the ref did not like him as was very reluctant to give fouls against him despite them seeming to be obvious on three occasions.

Yeah its well out of order.

Kargbo is by all accounts rubbish, but bringing a young striker on when your coasting to give them minutes and confidence is precisely the right thing to do. Lots of strikers often need that first goal to get them going.
And i actually saw him run today!

Last edited:

I was invited into the dressing room before, during and after and to give input.

If we're United, we all pitch in and I pitched in. But I will not be doing that ever again because we'll have a managerial team to do that. I just wanted to help Demi and let him know I had his back. That's important.

It's time the club was united.

No problems in our current situation, and as you have pointed out. We have a new management team to come in and take the dug out soon enough.

What because he's about as useful as an ash tray on a motorbike?. We're sick of rubbish like him and have every right to voice our opinions.
I understand the sentiment but having a go at the player before he’s even on the pitch is just stupid and pointless. It’s not his fault he keeps getting picked. One day we might learn that trashing players confidence just makes them worse. I know, I’m kidding myself, we’ll never learn.

Stan we’re thread bear atm and your passion is equal to any SUFC supporter. I see so many posters starting to accept that they where wrong about you and they are right. You did what was needed in the moment. We will move forward with structure passion and integrity so please don’t apologise for a heartfelt need to step up. Who else has done this for our club in the last few years?

Great to see you at the game today.

Just keep coming back!

Many of us can sense a positive shift in the club already.

Your belief & enthusiasm is infectious & we may be on the brink of a sea change in attitudes & the way our club is run which can only be a good thing.

Thank you Stan, have a good evening??

Thought we did OK today. Could have been 2 down if not for a bit of luck / poor finishing by Chertsey. Their players looked knackered end of both halves, and we could have had 5 or 6 if we hadn’t taken that extra touch on a few occasions.

Thought Ralph was MotM. Also Howard, Bridge, Egbri and Fergie put in a shift. Disappointed with Atkinson and Dalby, and also would have liked to have seen Rush get more pitch time. Walsh looked good when he came on and took his goal well. Must be due a start in the next game. Still unclear when Kargbo is ahead of Dennis in the pecking order. Shame we didn’t get to see Coker or Davis…

A win, but still not convinced.

Confidence boost? Hope so…

Sitting in the stand(s) you could probably see things that JD couldn't at eye-level, a different perspective.

Just got home and seen this result and what a joy it was to see. With all due respect to the opposition, a win's a win in my book and will be a great filip to the lads, UTBs :LoyalSupporter:

A magnificent win for the Mighty Blues against Chertsey Town, who incidentally are only 56 places lower than us.

A win is definitely a win though after the week we have had at the club and with half of the squad missing.

Has the Worm turned?

Well done Demi the players and of course Stan. On to the next round for another giant killing.

Over to you people.
A win is a win and breeds confidence. You could see confidence was lacking after a slow start going 1 down after 5 minutes, and almost 2 after 8 minutes. After we managed to get back in at 1-1, Stan came down, put his arm around a few players and raised their confidence with a few positive words. Credit to him for that.

There were some positive performances today. Our full backs had a good game and what a header from Ralph. Egbri caused them many problems and put in a shift. I was very impressed with Harry Phillips who was always looking for forward positive passes into spaces. Louis Walsh impressed when he came on and took his goal well.

The best player on the pitch for me was Sam Dalby, won almost every ball in the air up front, brilliant hold up play always a threat. I've been really impressed with him, but he needs players to run into those spaces he knocks balls into or its wasted. Murphy for me isn't that player, bit he worked hard.

I'd also like to see much more from Jack Bridge. He can take players on but he needs to know when to release the ball, and when he doesn't have the ball he needs to run into the space and use his voice like Egbri does.

Ferguson also needs to do more. He has presence but should be dominating the middle a lot more, protecting Phillips more who does not have the physical presence, but plenty of ability.

I managed to speak to almost all the team after individually and it's clear they need support and confidence. There are a lot of youngsters and my first impression was that many are quite shy in character. We need a player to come in and shake them up, a leader, whilst also building their confidence. Whoever comes in does have a big job to do, but certainly has some talent to work with.

I don't think there is a leader currently for enough to play. Certainly not White or Coulson. Though I like Dimi, and think he still has something to offer in the squad, he is not a big enough voice. S good experience for him today, but let's be honest, Collymore had more influence today.

A good win, and hopefully the start of a run IF we get the right management team in, and a ball winning leader.

COYB

Back