• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Dagenham & Redbridge

Only listened to the game today, but getting the impression that morton played better spraying out to the wings, wood played better as a winger, and bridge was livelier having the ball passed to him?

This sounds like a positive plan b

Phew, late drama saving us from a not very pleasant evening on here! Not our best performance, but a very limited squad with plenty of injuries taking a point certainly isn't bad.

8,500 relieved Shrimpers in attendance.

Thoughts and reports here.
People expect the world to soon Maher isn’t a magician needs times back the process lucky to have team and club. Success will Come missed out on targets no point signing players for the desperation Up the blues

Ive been looking at shrimperzone since 2013. Nothings changed with out fanbase and im definitely not new.

And telling me to wind my neck in is cheap coming from you. I sang with tonsilitus for this team for 60 mins on saturday give my everything in the stands for this team. But im the one that needs to wind my neck in.

Honestly please just block me
Well done you. As I said before, everyone supports in their own way, you singing for 60 mins doesn't make you any better than the next supporter in reality.
The reason I said pipe down (never said wind your neck in) was that you calling people dick heads doesn't go down well with admin, I'm only trying to help. Feel free to carry on with your vitriolic posts though.
Enjoy the rest of the season

And if the penalty is put in the corner and he stood still every penalty you would all be moaning he doesn’t dive ? And great on those figures then 60% are in the corners so his better off diving ?
Fair do’s and I get both points of view.
Maybe consider this, if 60% go in the corners , 30% each side then your keeper will save 1 in 3, if he stood still 2 out of 5 - just saying
All keeper’s are slightly nuts anyway, it goes with the job

We are desperately short of being a top 3 side.

If the consortium want an EFL side then we need 3 or 4 good quality signings.

They may not like it but it's gonna cost. It's the trade off that is needed.

We simply don't have the quality yet

I think we're only 2 players off being a top team but the tactical decisions have cost us several points already. I think they know where the improvement is needed but when things are not going to plan they appear out of depth and unable to adapt. They are no Tilly and Brush.

Atmosphere so flat. Credit to daggers fans. Didn't stop singing all game even when under the cosh. Need to back the boys better
That’s not correct. I sit in the east, they were noisy at the start and when they scored but there was no noise in that first half until the penalty. Went again when the second was scored but a lot of the time were quiet other than the standard pikey chant. In saying that Roots Hall was full but the atmosphere mostly flat

That’s not correct. I sit in the east, they were noisy at the start and when they scored but there was no noise in that first half until the penalty. Went again when the second was scored but a lot of the time were quiet other than the standard pikey chant. In saying that Roots Hall was full but the atmosphere mostly flat
Think reading all these posts it really depends where you sit. You mentioned earlier that you sing in the East but in the West you can’t hear that. You rarely hear anything from the East or the South. W block is next to me so it’s very loud 😀 .. definitely was after we scored the 2nd.

He was, but at no point has Bridge ever pretended to be a defender and if you end up with him as your last man that’s what happens.
What I don't understand is how for the last two years he's not been coached in the art of defending?
Or if he has, the management must be despairing. Watching the overlap go past you is not a good look, but he seems incapable of learning.

Think reading all these posts it really depends where you sit. You mentioned earlier that you sing in the East but in the West you can’t hear that. You rarely hear anything from the East or the South. W block is next to me so it’s very loud 😀 .. definitely was after we scored the 2nd.
I think you are right. From the South Upper I never hear the East Stand, hear the West when it gets going but it's the North we had the most.
We do give chanting a good go in the middle section of the South Upper but just can't keep it going long enough

I will because you get dickheads probably like yourself who will criticise the atmosphere and wonder why it isnt louder, then blame those in W for not singing for 90 minutes.
And some of the excuses on here are insufferable for not singing.

I will defend my people in W who give it their all every match for the majority. And will slate those who cant be ****ing arsed to clap at a minimum.

Dont bother replying to this unless its something of meaning. About time people in here get a big wakeup call about attitude to football in general.

And to add to what i'd already said. NLTV is actually cheaper then a ticket. And to us in W who care for the Roots Hall atmosphere. Your 'support' wont be missed.

This doesn’t really make much sense to me but perhaps others will understand what you mean..
Doubtful. Think Harry needs an early night.

Any ideas on why Colin flopped to the ground when nobody was around him in the second half ? Sure he did the same in the previous home game as well.

How much better were we when we went 4231 looked so much better with natural wingers wood looked good on right hopefully can start with that formation Saturday
Wood looked different class in his natural position, Bridge more dangerous with someone overlapping, so much more balanced

Can't do much with only one Striker (Harry). Two injured in the squad not even on the bench, most frustrating. We will be OK when we have a full squad. At the moment playing catch up. Great last 15 minutes considering we were running on empty.
Well done blues. Harry Taylor my man of the match.

Last edited:
What I'm trying to say is for such a big crowd it feels completely soulless in there

Back