• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Dagenham & Redbridge

Your at a football ground mate. Supposed to be loud and cheer on the team.

If you want to sit in silence i suggest a VPN and National League TV
TBF I sit in the East yellows and we actually make quite a bit of noise but think the acoustics aren’t great. I know the guys in W make a lot of noise as my son is in there but it doesn’t always sound as loud from where we sit. There seems to be a myth that only W block sings and gets behind the team which simply isn’t true. I know Daggers fans there today who said they were surprised how quiet it was but I disagreed with them and said in all fairness they were quiet other than when they scored and their pikey chant which was on repeat it seemed. End of the day we all go to watch and support the team in whatever way we seem fit. But I do believe that w block is the catalyst and prompt for the rest of the ground. Today at times they were very quiet although you could hear Dan banging the drum.

Some harsh criticism of Jack Bridge so far.
First half he produced three excellent crosses into the middle which we were just unable to capitalise on.
Second half he was always a willing outlet and although his crossing could have been better, he always looked a real threat.

I found the game a really enjoyable watch. Daggers were always a threat on the counter, with the young loanee from Luton (Pereira) excelling on the right wing.

I'm sure there will be the usual comments about why we didn't attack with the same intensity we did in the closing 10 minutes. I think we need to remember that Daggers had a extra day to recover, plus Kev isn't yet able to rotate his players due to limited options on the bench.

Defensively, what a player Harry Taylor is. Faultless and imperious. Gussy.....what more can you say. He was clearly hurting physically, but he never stopped running and supporting attacks. He got his just rewards at the death. Great man and great player.

I felt in the second half, as Moncur tired, our options for forward passes dwindled.

Final word for Morton and Wood who played an integral part in our fightback.
Morton took responsibility in midfield and spread the ball wide with greater intensity. Wood hadn't enjoyed much joy up until the last 10 minutes, but suddenly he began hugging the right hand touchline, allowing himself a bit more time and space before producing a couple of wonderful balls into the box with his left foot, the last of which saw Gus grab the leveller. You've got to admire the character he showed.

It was vital we didn't get beaten today. If we can get in another couple of bodies this week, and with the confidence today's late point will have given the players, we can hopefully claim some points on the road at Fylde and Oldham.
Really liked the number 7 on loan from Luton. My question would be why is John Still and his network nit finding players like this.

I was at the same one as you
Have to agree in part. Daggers weren’t in the game until the penalty and had we been able to convert many of our chances then it could have been 2 or 3-0 before they got the penalty that wasn’t. But thereafter they did play well and I was impressed with how quickly they broke away especially from our attacks. But I still think we should have beaten based on the first half but that’s football

At times I found the match entertaining and again we had a battle on our hands.
Have to say most of them on that pitch were blowing out of their a**es by the middle of the second half and I think you can only put this down to fitness and the fact they only had one day break.
Harry Taylor again for me is the stand out man he just picks everything up and this is followed by Mr Duracell Bunny himself our GUS - who does not stop running and finding spaces for the 90 mins and I felt he had a little more freedom today.
I said on Saturday that Bridge was out of sorts and I saw the same today with him.
I thought Harry Cardwell worked his socks off today and sadly didn’t get anything for his efforts
Good to see Moncur last the 90+ mins
We are missing Kensdale - anyone know how long till he is back amd Crowther isn’t doing if for me atm.
Was nice to see Jack Woods get some time on the pitch and I actually think he done ok.
Cav, at times scares me as he is either fully on the game or totally off and sometimes he treads a fine line between the two.

I didn’t think it was a penalty and thought contact was out of the box but no doubt someone will correct me.
Again I thought the ref could have done better and the lines man missed a few OS.

I am not going to knock Kev and the management team they are working with what they have but we do need 2 or 3 more to come in especially a striker but I am not worried at the moment as it is early doors and we are sitting mid table but we mustn’t let too much of a wedge come between us and the clubs above.

I can see on here some people mentioning W block in the West - from where I was sitting I could hear noise from all the guys and gals (I sit in block U) but at times they had quiet times during the game.

The boys have a rest now between their next game. Let’s hope they can pick themselves up and be ready to go again come Saturday.

Some harsh criticism of Jack Bridge so far.
First half he produced three excellent crosses into the middle which we were just unable to capitalise on.
Second half he was always a willing outlet and although his crossing could have been better, he always looked a real threat.

I found the game a really enjoyable watch. Daggers were always a threat on the counter, with the young loanee from Luton (Pereira) excelling on the right wing.

I'm sure there will be the usual comments about why we didn't attack with the same intensity we did in the closing 10 minutes. I think we need to remember that Daggers had a extra day to recover, plus Kev isn't yet able to rotate his players due to limited options on the bench.

Defensively, what a player Harry Taylor is. Faultless and imperious. Gussy.....what more can you say. He was clearly hurting physically, but he never stopped running and supporting attacks. He got his just rewards at the death. Great man and great player.

I felt in the second half, as Moncur tired, our options for forward passes dwindled.

Final word for Morton and Wood who played an integral part in our fightback.
Morton took responsibility in midfield and spread the ball wide with greater intensity. Wood hadn't enjoyed much joy up until the last 10 minutes, but suddenly he began hugging the right hand touchline, allowing himself a bit more time and space before producing a couple of wonderful balls into the box with his left foot, the last of which saw Gus grab the leveller. You've got to admire the character he showed.

It was vital we didn't get beaten today. If we can get in another couple of bodies this week, and with the confidence today's late point will have given the players, we can hopefully claim some points on the road at Fylde and Oldham.
Great write up, agree with every point.
Where's green rep when you need it..

Well that game was ruined once Coker was injured and woeful judgement to put on Wood as a centre forward. Funny enough he looked good when put wide in the last 10 mins out of desperation. Poor choices are costing us points weekly!

Before the kick off, when I heard the starting XI, I felt more than a little apprehensive. Then, in the first ten minutes, it looked like my apprehension was unfounded. However, for the rest of the half we didn't capitalise on the sheds full of possession we had by not taking our chances. The Dagenham penalty was a bit of a mystery as well. Our group all agreed that it was a foul, but we also all agreed that it was outside of the box. Obviously the ref had other ideas and the spot kick was duly taken and it was 1-1. Kev, having watched a video rerun, reckoned in his after match interview, that the foul was outside the box. The second half was a bit meh. Both sides were full of endeavour but no end product from either until the Daggers took the lead. Cue frantic running around from the Southend team and finally a siege was laid on the Daggers goal culminating in gorgeous Gussy grabbing his 4th goal of the season. A cracking turnout from the Daggers fans made for a very noisy North Stand, but it was great to see some life in the stand, well done Daggers.

My gripe today? our inability to speed up moves when it mattered. Too often we would slow down our attacks and practise the dark art of passing side to side. I also wasn't overly impressed with our first touch, too often it took 3 or 4 attempts to bring the ball under control, made far more noticeable when watching Moncur showing how it should be done.

All that said, we ended up with a point and group of very knackered players who gave their all. The injuries mount so lets hope reinforcements are forthcoming soon. By the way, Barnet managed to lose today which was amusing after all their telling me how good they were. It's all to play for in the National League this season it seems.

Harry, absolutely nobody should be telling people what they should or shouldn't do at a football match. Your opinion is not fact, and people are free to support the team in whatever way suits them. Just leave them to it.
I will because you get dickheads probably like yourself who will criticise the atmosphere and wonder why it isnt louder, then blame those in W for not singing for 90 minutes.
And some of the excuses on here are insufferable for not singing.

I will defend my people in W who give it their all every match for the majority. And will slate those who cant be ****ing arsed to clap at a minimum.

Dont bother replying to this unless its something of meaning. About time people in here get a big wakeup call about attitude to football in general.

And to add to what i'd already said. NLTV is actually cheaper then a ticket. And to us in W who care for the Roots Hall atmosphere. Your 'support' wont be missed.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today.

I think it is a much better indicator of where we are at the moment. Daggers are a decent mid table side, and are a good benchmark for us to see where we really are. It says to me we are a bit too threadbare with limited quality off the bench as things stand. However, I thought Wood did a great job when Coker came off, and Morton looked comfortable without Miley - so criticism of them both last week was definitely unfair. The issue of negativity really happens when 3 from 4 of these players are on the pitch together - all too similar and it unbalances us. We just dont have the options off the bench, and with a couple of injuries already we are looking vulnerable.

So today - as per Saturday, I really believe we are the engineers of our own downfall. We really need to stop fart arsing about on the edge of our own penalty area. We arent good enough to get every ball inch perfect, so when we mess it up (as we did Saturday and this afternoon) we get punished for it. Result = 2 unncecessary goals given away, which has cost us 4 points! Then the penalty. Looked harsh to me, but want to watch it back to see for certain. A friend of ours said our downfall was poor passing at the back, almost an action replay from Barnet.

Positives for me are that Taylor looks fantastic, GSM is off to a great start with the goals, Noor is looking good, Ralph is Mr Consistent and Moncur is quality. Bridge, Miley and one or two others looked a bit off the pace, but I am sure that is a blip rather than a problem. Less positive is looking a bit shaky in defence at times, and not fast enough to get the ball forward.

Overall, I am glad we dug in to retrieve the point, and it was good to see such a big crowd at the Hall again.

That is obviously your opinion and mine is totally different.. no problem .. it was far from awful.. if it was truly awful there would have been no players giving their all today to get us back in the game… as for starting building Rome on the pitch 2 years ago you may have overlooked the fact that we have had a bit of a cash crisis and transfer embargo over these seasons … is that excuse good enough… probably not…
Bahave mate. We know how they can play. It was woeful.

Maher's been building his brand for nearly 3 years, so Rome was starting to be Built 3 years.

I will because you get dickheads probably like yourself who will criticise the atmosphere and wonder why it isnt louder, then blame those in W for not singing for 90 minutes.
And some of the excuses on here are insufferable for not singing.

I will defend my people in W who give it their all every match for the majority. And will slate those who cant be ****ing arsed to clap at a minimum.

Dont bother replying to this unless its something of meaning. About time people in here get a big wakeup call about attitude to football in general.

And to add to what i'd already said. NLTV is actually cheaper then a ticket. And to us in W who care for the Roots Hall atmosphere. Your 'support' wont be missed.
Calling people dick heads, telling people what they can and can't reply to on here.
Aren't you the charmer

Calling people dick heads, telling people what they can and can't reply to on here.
Aren't you the charmer
Dave sits in the East stand with his Prawn Sandwich wondering why 300 people in W arent outsinging 800 people in the North Bank.

Dont bother replying either. can rename it to East Stand Zone

Dave sits in the East stand with his Prawn Sandwich wondering why 300 people in W arent outsinging 800 people in the North Bank.

Dont bother replying either. can rename it to East Stand Zone
I sit in the South Upper. I sing and I clap. Back in the day I stood in the North Bank with the best of them and supported home and away.
Everyone is entitled to support in their own way and shouldn't expect criticism from other fans.
No idea why you are so angst but I feel you are new to this forum so you might want to pipe down a bit

I sit in the South Upper. I sing and I clap. Back in the day I stood in the North Bank with the best of them and supported home and away.
Everyone is entitled to support in their own way and shouldn't expect criticism from other fans.
No idea why you are so angst but I feel you are new to this forum so you might want to pipe down a bit
I'm not sure telling someone to pipe down is they way to go about this personally 🤔 I agree with Harry the atmosphere today was dead but I also agree with you that everyone is welcome to support in there own way. We do however need to get behind the team more

I'm not sure telling someone to pipe down is they way to go about this personally 🤔 I agree with Harry the atmosphere today was dead but I also agree with you that everyone is welcome to support in there own way. We do however need to get behind the team more
This is a fairly friendly forum. Harrys comments are far from friendly so yes think he needs to pipe down a bit before the admins have a word.
As for support, you are correct. Trouble is, when we are watching the fairly negative tactics, it does make it a bit hard to support.
We looked at our most positive today in injury time

Ive been looking at shrimperzone since 2013. Nothings changed with out fanbase and im definitely not new.

And telling me to wind my neck in is cheap coming from you. I sang with tonsilitus for this team for 60 mins on saturday give my everything in the stands for this team. But im the one that needs to wind my neck in.

Honestly please just block me

Back