• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Dagenham & Redbridge

Frustrating afternoon at times but then happy with a point. Dominated large chunks of the first half and scored a lovely goal. Main criticism is for all our dominance we should have had at least one or two more. Then from no where they get a penalty which as pictures have shown wasn’t a penalty but there goes our luck. Second half Daggers looked fitter and stronger than us and looked like only one winner. A deflected shot falls to Rees who finished well. We looked down and out. Not sure why subs weren’t made earlier as clearly Miley in particular was struggling. But somehow from somewhere we found the energy and battered then for the last 10 mins including the injury time and got our reward. 8500 attendance incredible with around 750 spammers in attendance.

Mom was Taylor for me and was immense
Moncur oozed class and played some lovely stuff when on the ball. Get him properly match fit and will be fantastic for us
Cardwell ran himself into the ground and as GSM said he takes so much attention from the CB it allows him to sneak in and score

Ref was dreadful. How he never booked the lad who found and injured Coker is a mystery and the 30 assaulted Wood everytime he went near the ball

So not the three points we hoped for but a fighting point

Waldron, Walker, Coker and maybe Miley injured. We need reinforcements and this week before next weeks long trip North

I refuse to criticise these players who did so much for us last season .. Taylor was immense today and Gus Scott Morris is a few classes above this level . We should enjoy him while we can… It’s clear that we are lacking 2/3 players to bolster the squad.. I’m happy to bide our time as no one is going to run away with the league this season and then if we are in a reasonable position come New Year we can then perhaps invest in a few loan signings that would take us into a play off position . Rome wasn’t built in a day …

I refuse to criticise these players who did so much for us last season .. Taylor was immense today and Gus Scott Morris is a few classes above this level . We should enjoy him while we can… It’s clear that we are lacking 2/3 players to bolster the squad.. I’m happy to bide our time as no one is going to run away with the league this season and then if we are in a reasonable position come New Year we can then perhaps invest in a few loan signings that would take us into a play off position . Rome wasn’t built in a day …
Im very grateful for the players. But that was ****ing awful today. Theres no denying it.
And we started building Rome on the pitch 2 years ago. Not a great excuse

Moaning that Collin should practice penalties is hilarious… it’s a complete game of luck a penalty you either guess right or you don’t hardly his fault ! If it wasn’t for Collin today we would have lost 3-2 that save was top class at the start of the second half.

Taylor was my man of the match tonight his tackle timing is spot on and the way he positioned himself at one stage in the second half to stop a 2 on 1 was incredible and then came away with the ball.

Wood was better off the right but way too lightweight to play centrally.

Lots of negatives today for me ;
Playing at home with a big crowd and with only one forward.
Team built to not loose but not to win
Again no plan b or c
Players did not look fit especially Bridge
No pace
No wingers
Still playing around in our own area

All this is down to a negative manager
Nothing to do with 2 out of 3 strikers being injured?

Lots of negatives today for me ;
Playing at home with a big crowd and with only one forward.
Team built to not loose but not to win
Again no plan b or c
Players did not look fit especially Bridge
No pace
No wingers
Still playing around in our own area

All this is down to a negative manager
We only had 1 striker available 😂
Plan b was used and we equalised from it ?

Moaning that Collin should practice penalties is hilarious… it’s a complete game of luck a penalty you either guess right or you don’t hardly his fault ! If it wasn’t for Collin today we would have lost 3-2 that save was top class at the start of the second half.

Taylor was my man of the match tonight his tackle timing is spot on and the way he positioned himself at one stage in the second half to stop a 2 on 1 was incredible and then came away with the ball.

Wood was better off the right but way too lightweight to play centrally.
The guy on bbc Essex made a good point today in that instead of “bouncing around and looking 👀 like a fool”, keepers should stand their ground as on average 40% of penalties are straight down the middle

The guy on bbc Essex made a good point today in that instead of “bouncing around and looking 👀 like a fool”, keepers should stand their ground as on average 40% of penalties are straight down the middle
And if the penalty is put in the corner and he stood still every penalty you would all be moaning he doesn’t dive ? And great on those figures then 60% are in the corners so his better off diving ?

Your at a football ground mate. Supposed to be loud and cheer on the team.

If you want to sit in silence i suggest a VPN and National League TV
Harry, absolutely nobody should be telling people what they should or shouldn't do at a football match. Your opinion is not fact, and people are free to support the team in whatever way suits them. Just leave them to it.

Im very grateful for the players. But that was ****ing awful today. Theres no denying it.
And we started building Rome on the pitch 2 years ago. Not a great excuse
That is obviously your opinion and mine is totally different.. no problem .. it was far from awful.. if it was truly awful there would have been no players giving their all today to get us back in the game… as for starting building Rome on the pitch 2 years ago you may have overlooked the fact that we have had a bit of a cash crisis and transfer embargo over these seasons … is that excuse good enough… probably not…

Here's my angle on the game.

We kept our word to the fans... started off well and on the front foot in the first half, just like the Boston game. The 1st half ebbed and flowed but we didn't look like conceding. Then we give away the penalty and that gave D & R the impetus to finish the half better than us.
I thought when Jack Wood came on and he took his opportunity well and silenced many of his critics. He was a different player compared to Saturday.
D & R came out in the 2nd half brighter and looked more the threat than we were and grew into the game. Their 2nd goal was inevitable. We didn't get going at all in the 2nd half. There's been a lot of criticism of Crowther on here which is unfair. Taylor is a significant class above Crowther. Just because of this it doesn't make him a bad player. Kensdale has mistakes in him but I read that we miss him. Kensdale is a good player but again behind Taylor match after match with his performances.
For once and to Maher's credit his substitutions worked. To be honest they had to. Wood continued to contribute albeit out wide and he got his reward for his performance today with the assist.
We still, and most often Bridge, take too long to get a cross in. They say if you don't shoot then you don't know if we'll score. The same should be said to Bridge. If players aren't in the box when his crosses come in then we'll have a different criticism to make. But at the moment it's too many frustrating options going a begging.

Lets hope we can get a new body or two in the squad before Saturday otherwise I think we'll struggle to get a full bench again.

Eternally optimistic.. UTB!

Back