• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Dagenham & Redbridge

Some harsh criticism of Jack Bridge so far.
First half he produced three excellent crosses into the middle which we were just unable to capitalise on.
Second half he was always a willing outlet and although his crossing could have been better, he always looked a real threat.

I found the game a really enjoyable watch. Daggers were always a threat on the counter, with the young loanee from Luton (Pereira) excelling on the right wing.

I'm sure there will be the usual comments about why we didn't attack with the same intensity we did in the closing 10 minutes. I think we need to remember that Daggers had a extra day to recover, plus Kev isn't yet able to rotate his players due to limited options on the bench.

Defensively, what a player Harry Taylor is. Faultless and imperious. Gussy.....what more can you say. He was clearly hurting physically, but he never stopped running and supporting attacks. He got his just rewards at the death. Great man and great player.

I felt in the second half, as Moncur tired, our options for forward passes dwindled.

Final word for Morton and Wood who played an integral part in our fightback.
Morton took responsibility in midfield and spread the ball wide with greater intensity. Wood hadn't enjoyed much joy up until the last 10 minutes, but suddenly he began hugging the right hand touchline, allowing himself a bit more time and space before producing a couple of wonderful balls into the box with his left foot, the last of which saw Gus grab the leveller. You've got to admire the character he showed.

It was vital we didn't get beaten today. If we can get in another couple of bodies this week, and with the confidence today's late point will have given the players, we can hopefully claim some points on the road at Fylde and Oldham.

With Dagenham getting 50% more recovery time between matches what we had, it’s a well earned point with a small and injury hit squad. With Coker going off today and Miley picking up a knock too, we really will be struggling with options. Just need to hang on in there and pick up points and minimise losses until we can get people in through the door when the EFL window closes. It’s a solid (but unspectacular) start to the season where we have had some tough fixtures. The management team know where we need to add and I’m sure it will happen. We’ll grow into the season and be far stronger from late Autumn onwards. Shouldn’t lose too much ground considering everyone has a chance at beating anyone on a good day in this league, as proven by Maidenhead, Boston and Tamworth today.
Unless I’m mistaken we have 2 injured and 1 sick- I think that’s just business as usual levels of absence tbh.

contrary to popular shrimperzone belief, I actually thought that was a decent game of national league football.

Went in spells for each side, we were well in control until their penalty, changed the dynamic of the game at that point and I felt daggers had the better of the second half only just. We still don’t look like we have enough guile and conviction in the final third to be serious about going up this year however we have scored twice today and missed 3 really good chances so given a few more weeks hopefully that comes.

Both keepers made cracking saves, I make a draw about a fair result really.

Thought Morton came on and gave us a really smart option in the middle of the park to pick up the football and keep us on the front foot choosing the right passes.

We really miss Kensdale in there, Crowther caught out dallying with the ball a couple of times and actually, with Gubbins coming on into the back three late on I felt we started playing with a bit more intensity, which after his first couple of games which was, receive ball, clip ball, lose ball, was nice to see.

Lots of negativity surrounding us keeping the ball today and I understand it can be frustrating but ultimately, other than cardwell with the team that finished that game for us in the final third there’s no chance we will do anything better if we rush our passes or go direct any quicker. We will just give the ball back to the opposition, and then people will have even more reason to moan as we can’t keep the ball!!

Lovely to get a late equaliser and not suffer a defeat to that lot, on to the next

Thought we learned a few things today.

Wood is better out wide when he can move forward with the ball, back to goal against centre halves he is simply too lightweight. He tried to get close to Cardwell and did a good job for the team. If someone else doesn’t come in this week then I don’t think starting with the shape we finished in is the worst idea.

Cardwell does so much donkey work for the team I hope he gets the goals his efforts deserve. He is the key to any promotion chances we have this season.

Back