• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Dagenham & Redbridge

We are fairly predictable as Clarky and many others attest. Most of all though you can predict quite easily when the opposition will score , usually within a minute or two and why !

Started well, finished well. Completely lost our way in between.

Barring GSM’s goal, the crossing was terrible today.

Taylor MOTM, he was once again immense at the back.

Thought Noor and Moncur drifted in and out of the game. Wanted to see more from both of them tbh.

Cards worked hard. Wood was busy. Bridge should have scored in that second half. 6-yards out, goal to aim at, but I don’t think he made a clean connection.

Moreton was decent when he came on.

Colin is starting to **** me off. Is it a lack of concentration? Too casual? How many times does the same thing need to happen?

Corned Beef fans (on loan from West Ham) were decent whilst we were very subdued.

Great to get a point in the end but alarm bells should be ringing. Sure Barnet are a decent team (although Maidenhead have proven they aren’t insurmountable) but Dagenham are the best example of midtable fodder you’ll ever see and we turned it into a proper contest

With Dagenham getting 50% more recovery time between matches what we had, it’s a well earned point with a small and injury hit squad. With Coker going off today and Miley picking up a knock too, we really will be struggling with options. Just need to hang on in there and pick up points and minimise losses until we can get people in through the door when the EFL window closes. It’s a solid (but unspectacular) start to the season where we have had some tough fixtures. The management team know where we need to add and I’m sure it will happen. We’ll grow into the season and be far stronger from late Autumn onwards. Shouldn’t lose too much ground considering everyone has a chance at beating anyone on a good day in this league, as proven by Maidenhead, Boston and Tamworth today.

1 point is better than nothing, I can image York City and Barnet fans gone into meltdowns today after losing to team they should be beating easily.

We need 2 forwards and 1 LWB.

Maidenhead showed me why Barnet is **** poor, as they pushed them into making mistakes.
We were minutes away from going in to ‘meltdown’ too!

Reading this anyone would have thought we got tonked 4-0.

We are behind all the other clubs due to you know who, have a bunch of injuries already and missed out on the players we had lined up due to the embargo.

I thought we played well the first half hour and then a suspect penalty saved them and put them right back in the game.

2nd half I thought they were the better side and seemed right up for it (its their derby remember) but we showed some good team spirit and got a nice last minute equaliser shutting those to rags right up.

it was always going to be a slow start to the season but we will 100% come good, getting in the play offs with our tails up and then who knows peeps.

Entertaining draw, against a side who will always up their game against us so keep the faith people.

We look so much better and the crowd really get up for it when we go at teams, replicate the last 10 minutes for 90 minutes and we’re sorted. Bin off the clean sheets and just score as many as you can - it’s simple of the face of it.

There isn’t a team in the country that just simply go gung-ho for 90 mins. It’s physically impossible. The entire team would be blown after 45 mins. Got to be sensible about it. Sure, we need to get forward more and play more positively but full throttle for 90?? Every manager wants their team to manage the game, not play like amateurs. We’re not miles off, just tweaks IMO.

Crazy day (Barnet losing at Maidenhead and York losing at home to BOSTON!) and crazy game at the Hall. Daggers the better side in the second-half and once they had the lead I just couldn't see us getting back into it. When, finally, tired legs were replaced I have to admit that I thought to myself, what difference are Morton and Gubbins going to make? However, suddenly we stopped spending most of our time going sideways and backwards and moved forward with intent and happily were duly rewarded. Some assistance was provided by Daggers, who decided to do a 'Southend' and sit back to defend their lead. The last twenty minutes certainly made me feel that it was a point gained, rather than two lost. In the end it seemed a bit like the spirit of last season struggling with a thin squad ( and missing out on so many of our targets) and having bad luck with injuries.
Moncur will no doubt sleep well tonight!.........maybe we won't see him until Wednesday!:Smile: My worry is about the rest of the squad. After already losing Kensdale, Walker and Waldron it was another heavy blow to lose Coker........and are there any others who will be suffering from knocks after this afternoon???

So we end the game with Walker, Waldron, Kensdale, Coker and Miley injured and Husin playing more than he should after his injury and Moncur still trying to get 100% fit.

Another match in which neither goalkeeper had much to do. Scrappy passing and many errors. Daggers extra day off between games was beginning to show until we finally decided to go for it. Jack Wood put in what were probably the best two crosses so far this season - floated in early, curving into the six yard box hard to defend and no where near the keeper. Cardwell should have scored from the first and fortunately Gus ghosted in again to get the equaliser. So 4 from 5 for Gus - seems to have a natural instinct in front of goal that no one else at the club has.

Was it a penalty? - probably just outside of the box and Pereira running across Jack and tangling feet. Neither of them knew anything about it.

Think people are being a bit harsh on Cav as he was clearly injured after that long chase and tackle when he needed treatment. He should have been replaced earlier.

We need to do things quicker. Jack Bridge disappointing again - the strikers never know when he will actually cross the ball. So many hit and hope crosses just hitting defenders.

2-2 was probably a fair result in the end - we didn’t give up.

Man of the match by far was Harry Taylor - again.

Reading this anyone would have thought we got tonked 4-0.

We are behind all the other clubs due to you know who, have a bunch of injuries already and missed out on the players we had lined up due to the embargo.

I thought we played well the first half hour and then a suspect penalty saved them and put them right back in the game.

Well said that man :-)

Sounded like a great game to watch IMHO

8,500 at the Hall today amazing and fantastic support TBH

Just bought my Ticket for home game on the Tuesday 10th September v Eastleigh

HAPPY DAYS

Last edited:
Back