• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

I know some people weren’t massive fans of Kensdale as a player because he had the odd mistake in him. But ****ing hell, what a downgrade Crowther has been from him.

Bonne poor again. Why did we wait until we were 2-0 down to bring Pepple on?

I really struggle to see how things are going to click with this group of players. A big player turnaround is needed across January and the summer if we are to be competitive next season.
Were they big mistakes or done on purpose? Who knows

Wonder what Justin and the consortium currently think of the players and the coaches.
Time for maher to look at himself now. He's had time to replace Kensdale, Collin and Cardwell. The system doesn't work.
Bridge has been average at best all season but has no one to threaten his place. Why haven't we used the loan market? Bonne looks like a striker that needs a goal to get confidence but doesn't actually look like he's gonna get too many chances!
Crowther is well out of his depth a punt at a player that hasn't paid off.
Frustrating all round the pitch today. Husin and Moncur's passing was atrocious. Why did Moncur go str8 down the tunnel and not support the lads isn't that what Maher said we had to do "Stick Together"
Pebble and Walker to start next Saturday at least they are willing to try.
Feel sorry for Gus he tries and gets frustrated with others.
Collin needs to be replaced! If hillson is that bad then he needs to go. Bring in a loan goalie from leagues above its worked before and will work again.
Where are all these contacts in the league that are willing to send down players?
Has stan just revealed what's really going on and we'll hear soon that Still has gone because he isn't being listened to.
All in all a very frustrating day. Even the referee has got away with being berated because of how poor we was!
COSU will not be sacking Maher any time soon be sure of that.
And rightly so no manager in the game has credit in the bank like Maher does, one of the main reasons we even have a club is his leadership...be sure of that.
How long that credit runs for is another discussion.

And rightly so no manager in the game has credit in the bank like Maher does, one of the main reasons we even have a club is his leadership...be sure of that.
So if we start fighting relagation do we just sit back and say oh well he did well when we was in the **** let's just see if we can survive?

Just what the **** is going on? It seems deliberate at this point. Is it some sort of protest? Against the management? Against Kev? Why?

Bonne was so awful. Didn’t want the ball. Lost every header. No aggression. No creativity. Missed passes. Bad touches. Stupid fouls.

5:39pm

Maher: "You can talk about performance and all that but you've got to do the basics and be harder to beat than that. That's not on and there's a lack of fight which is the real worry for me. I know what needs to be done and I'll get it done.

5:33pm

Maher: "We had chances but teams haven't got to do anything against us to score. You can have the ball as much as you want but you've to defend properly. Bridgey has had a chance the keeper has made a great save from and Josh Walker looked sharp with one he's nearly scored from a tight angle but it doesn't mean anything when you don't score and you concede at the other end."

5:31pm

Maher: "You go through it all the time and last year we gave away very few set piece goals away. This year it's too easy to score against us. It's too easy to get the ball in our box and get chances. It's something which has got to be addressed quickly."

5:28pm

Maher: "It’s a repeat of what’s been going on a little bit. You can create all the chances you want but it’s two set pieces again when we’ve not marked up and we’re not doing our jobs has cost us.”

Wow....that was as bad it gets. A wretched home performance.
Our passing was off for the full 90 minutes and our decision making on the ball was as bad as I've seen it under Kev.
Only Taylor and to a lesser extent Walker came out of the game with any credit.

We played with no fluidity with everything looking like hard work.
There seems to be no understanding between the majority of the players currently
We still look hugely vulnerable defensively, particularly when caught by the counter attack.
Crowther is in the middle of a torrid spell and looks like he's running through treacle. Again he somehow switched off for their second allowing big Loko a free header. He's got to be stronger and more alert. He's looking every bit a National league North/ South defender right now. I thought it was telling that Kev hauled him off immediately after the second goal.

Husin had his poorest game by some way and gave the ball away constantly.
Moncur's form continues to dip alarmingly. I don't think he played one telling forward pass for the 60 minutes he was on the pitch for.
KAF had an off day where nothing seemed to come off for him. Gus looked frustrated which effected his overall performance.
The most worrying thing is that we have become increasingly easy to defend against. The lack of understanding between certrain players means we cant play with any tempo which is allowing the opposition to get back in position with time to spare.
Hats of to Maidenhead....they had done their homework and after grabbing the vital first goal, knew exactly what they had to do to hold onto their lead.

Despite the additions of Moncur and KAF, there is virtually zero creativity in terms of slipping anyone in for a run on goal.

I think Kev needs to explain the absence of Pepple. If he's managing an injury then fair enough. If not then he needs to be starting ahead of Bonne who after some near misses in of his early sub appearances hasn't looked likely to break his duck any time soon.

Morton and Gubbins are both yet to convince me that they have what it takes to be part of a promotion winning side. Both got caught on the ball several times after they were introduced which could have resulted in further goals for the visitors.

I'm not quite sure where we go from here in the short term. Somehow, we've got to find some partnerships and some fluidity to rebuild confidence until Miley is back fit.

I think we need a change of manager, and play a system that suit the players. If that happened at another club, he would be fired immediately.

Braintree won 2-0 and played like they knew what they are doing, even they keep chopping and changing their teams every games.
We were playing who 🤨

The **** poor performance this season has seen all that credit gone. This can't continue. Kev's post match comments are even worrying.. "I know what needs doing".. well if that's the case, why has it taken to now to do it? It's also full of things a manager under pressure would say. "Stick together".. yeah, because we're known for not doing just that at this club.. but right now we are heading in one direction with no signs of that stopping.

Back