• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

I know some people weren’t massive fans of Kensdale as a player because he had the odd mistake in him. But ****ing hell, what a downgrade Crowther has been from him.

Bonne poor again. Why did we wait until we were 2-0 down to bring Pepple on?

I really struggle to see how things are going to click with this group of players. A big player turnaround is needed across January and the summer if we are to be competitive next season.
.........In National League South.

Just finished your post off, as that's where we are going now these unchangeable tactics have been sussed out.

I love Kev.

He is a true Southend legend.

But this just isn't good enough. The buck stops at him.

We are Southend united in the national league. We aren't in the championship or even league 1. We are getting great support and getting beat and drawing with part time sides.

Cosu need to make a move soon or we will be dragged into the bottom 4

My ratings

Feebleness 10
Spineless 10
Nouse 0
Athleticism 0
Effort 1 - I thought they were maybe trying too hard in the first half
Passing backwards from our corner to our keeper 10
Ideas 0
Too many touches 10
Loose passes 10
Predictability 10
Attacking ideas 0
Pace 0
Tactics 0
Strength 0
On field leadership 0

We were far worse than the ref who was an abysmal robot.

Clearly something has gone very wrong as none out there appeared to give a toss. Maybe Bonne has been given a big wage. So far I have given him the benefit of the doubt but he is not fit to clean Harry’s boots. Everyone else seems to no longer care - even Gus looked drained.

Crowther seems completely scared, cumbersome, weak and slow.

We lost a game to goals from two set pieces against a side with Ferguson and McCoulsky making us look bad. I don’t think Collin made one save.

I thought Walker did OK at least he put a bit of effort in.

As for Maidenhead they were far too physical and pacy for our fairies, holding pulling pushing falling over at every touch and sometimes not even a touch.

What a waste of an afternoon.

We knew when we signed Bonne and Moncur they weren’t players who would want to press constantly

We have not adapted to that and looked to hold a shape. Instead, we have kept a similar setup and the press is bypassed constantly
It's not just the pressing...moncur does nowt....literally nothing other than keep the ball ticking over now and again. He was touted as the answer to our attacking midfield needs....gets severe vertigo when around the oppositions penalty box.

Think this post is really the harsh truth. Kev has been a great servant to this club but relegation is unthinkable and changes are needed before it's too late?
Totally agree, think with your head not your heart.
We all wanted and probably still want Kev to succeed, but the current form is terrible and we are sinking towards the relegation zone.

Never thought I would be glad to have Covid. Glad I was too unwell to go. Mind you still watched it on TV. Absolute dire performance.
I was going to say the same. I listened to the radio commentary and the post match interviews. Feels like a cross roads for the consortium, will they back Kev and allow him to bring in new players or will they hold back funds for a new manager?

Wonder what Justin and the consortium currently think of the players and the coaches.
Time for maher to look at himself now. He's had time to replace Kensdale, Collin and Cardwell. The system doesn't work.
Bridge has been average at best all season but has no one to threaten his place. Why haven't we used the loan market? Bonne looks like a striker that needs a goal to get confidence but doesn't actually look like he's gonna get too many chances!
Crowther is well out of his depth a punt at a player that hasn't paid off.
Frustrating all round the pitch today. Husin and Moncur's passing was atrocious. Why did Moncur go str8 down the tunnel and not support the lads isn't that what Maher said we had to do "Stick Together"
Pebble and Walker to start next Saturday at least they are willing to try.
Feel sorry for Gus he tries and gets frustrated with others.
Collin needs to be replaced! If hillson is that bad then he needs to go. Bring in a loan goalie from leagues above its worked before and will work again.
Where are all these contacts in the league that are willing to send down players?
Has stan just revealed what's really going on and we'll hear soon that Still has gone because he isn't being listened to.
All in all a very frustrating day. Even the referee has got away with being berated because of how poor we was!

I’m all for being understanding and I get the takeover was late and this has had an impact on our recruitment and we have seen the spine of the team ripped out for various reasons, however I am I know we are still early in the season genuinely concerned here as the performance has been poor all season with the odd good performance, Eastleigh and Solihull spring to mind, but on the whole the players haven’t been good enough. You can see Kev telling them to get the ball forward, Moncur has even said the same in pre match build up. So they are either not playing for Kev or not able to put into action his game plan.

So why is it falling down on the pitch come game day, confidence is clearly shot at the moment, we don’t have a striker able to convert the chances we do make and the chances themselves have been wanting in several games, and conceding like a shipping sink.

We need some change here and quickly, I’m not convinced we need to rid Kev yet!, but I think if we don’t see an improvement in coming weeks a decision will have to me made otherwise we could be sleep walking to a relegation battle.

Now that decision could be further investment over and above originally intended the detriment of next seasons summer activity, maybe some of those decisions are taken early to bring players in now!

But if we are still in the same position with performances and form come 20/25 games into the season then COSU will have to make a decision on what way they are taking the club in the pitch and if they believe we have the right people at the club, playing staff and management, taking sentiment out of the equation.

As you can tell I’m conflicted on what is the best way to go here and we need some cool calm heads and not act on knee jerk reactions but we need to have a plan for this season as otherwise we will be the next Yeovil or Scunthorpe facing relegation to NNS!

Back