• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

I’m done with calamity Collin. I thought Blondie was the worst keeper I’d ever seen at RH, but Collin is desperate for that title & make no mistake he’s very close.

Bonne…. send him back to Narnia. Only one worse than him was Hollywood Husin.

Would changing the management team, turn our fortunes around? Doubtful. But we’re absolutely ****ing abysmal.

Can't keep doing this.
Rushing home from golf. Quick sandwich. Change.
Dash into town. 3 hours parking fee.
To watch rubbish football.
I do not expect to see a winning game for the next 2 away games.
If we do not beat Tamworth. Please form an orderly line for the opportunity to get my Seniors season ticket.
No charge. Just a donation to Mind.

I’ll make 3 predictions which I hope are wrong.

- Bonne wont score more than 5 in league

- Maher, Benno, Currie & Still won’t all be here by Xmas

- GSM will be next to go, unfortunately by February
Bonne to get less than 5 goals? I reckon 60-1 on. The safest of safe bets. He has only signed for one season hasn’t he? 2 goals if we are very (un)lucky.

Always maintained Kensdale was the best player at the club. Evidence shows that to be true.
Now...he had to go and that's not kevs or Crowthers fault and difficult to replace without smashing some cash.....which isn't going to happen so here we are.
Seriously? He had a major mistake in him most matches; some of which weren't thankfully cashed in by the opposition.
But if you put him ahead of GSM, Ralph, Miley and Cardwell - remember they left at the same time - then that's why it's a game of opinions.

Why is 442 basic? Do people say it because it is oh so fashionable to play 532?
Tactics need to change and change now as we are spiralling down this league.
It might also be an idea to have the players names on the front of their shirts as well, since we are currently playing like eleven random strangers.
Completely agree. Few teams play consistently well with modern elaborate systems. Those that do have more collective football intelligence and management. And they are fluid with different setups in game. It’s the same with this new obsession of playing out from the back. Looks great when done well. Problem is most can’t do it well.

Maidenhead played 4-4-2 today, knew their system and did a job on us. Simple and effective.

Last edited:
If this was Phil Brown in charge he would have been gone well before this point.

That was absolutely disgraceful, poor management, poor tactics, poor set up, poor reactions, poor substitutions, just ****ing poor!

Kev claims he knows what he needs to do! Well ****ing do it then. Those boo’s were well deserved to everyone involved.

I’m going to throw it out there and I expect I’ll upset the Maher can do no wrong crew. We will not get promoted with him in charge! You can bookmark that.

Want to explain?

It can't get any worse than it currently is surely...
There isn't exactly a huge number of decent Managers out there looking for a job! But there are clubs looking for decent Managers.....you only have to look back a week to see the Gateshead guy being poached by a League Club. Kev has decent league experience and would probably be happy to be a Number 2 somewhere if we drive him out

Wasn’t at the game, but things are clearly bad on the pitch.
Is Kev bad, I personally don’t think so, but I don’t think the recruitment has been good. If anything it’s been a bit desperate.
Think the consortium will stick with Kev for a bit longer. But the consortium are a business and won’t accept this, especially if gates start dropping off.
Don’t know the answers, but things need to change around soon. Kev needs to use the Eastleigh game to experiment with a different setup.
I know our squad is weak, but our performances lately are not acceptable.

Wasn’t at the game, but things are clearly bad on the pitch.
Is Kev bad, I personally don’t think so, but I don’t think the recruitment has been good. If anything it’s been a bit desperate.
Think the consortium will stick with Kev for a bit longer. But the consortium are a business and won’t accept this, especially if gates start dropping off.
Don’t know the answers, but things need to change around soon. Kev needs to use the Eastleigh game to experiment with a different setup.
I know our squad is weak, but our performances lately are not acceptable.
Just this!
How much better off would we have been if Ron hadn't tried to wrest every last 5p out of the club?

Back