• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

There isn't exactly a huge number of decent Managers out there looking for a job!

Completely inaccurate.

The opportunity to manage a club with 6500 average attendance at home and an hour from London is a draw in itself.

Add in the size of the club, the takeover, the plans of and the mythical "process" and it's an attractive proposition.

You have mistakenly presented an ill informed opinion as fact.

The only drawback is if any potential candidates have the required PowerPoint skills.

Ones all round except for Bridge who gets a 2 and that is only because he had a half decent shot. That team is better than most in this division yet are playing like children. Kev said in his post match interview that he knows what he needs to do, I'm not sure he does!

Last edited:
There isn't exactly a huge number of decent Managers out there looking for a job! But there are clubs looking for decent Managers.....you only have to look back a week to see the Gateshead guy being poached by a League Club. Kev has decent league experience and would probably be happy to be a Number 2 somewhere if we drive him out

So we should stick with Kev and the same old plan A just because there isn't anyone available to replace him? I'm not having that, sorry. I might be naive in my thinking but I still believe we are a club that a lot of managers down at this level would like the chance to manage. If the COSU believe they have found someone, they should do whatever it takes to get their man.

I feel like I’m going insane writing the same things each week. I dream of an attacking style of football, PLEASE CHANGE THE SYSTEM.

Go 4-4-2 if you must but wing backs aren’t working. Gus is a bonus to this style but the trade off is not worth it against the whole team.

Some of you guys have now seen the light, I'm not sure Kev did all that in the previous seasons. I think the Rat did more to motivate the team by not paying them and looking to close the club down.
I know we have lost a few players, but I fear Kev doesn't know what to do to stop this slump, we have been poor from the beginning of the season, and that coincides with the team being "Safe"
The football is dreadful, devoid of excitement and flare. I just wish King Kev can turn it around, but seeing Maidenhead do a job on us today was very worrying indeed.
I hope we are all wrong 🙏

I like the formation and the way maher wants to keep the ball etc but the players in certain positions are making this system not work. We need a Left Wing Back. Someone who can get up and down the pitch and take on the right back instead of going past then cutting back then going past again then cutting back.
I like Ralph and Taylor. Maybe we need a Butcher style player an old head in the centre. Plus a Goalkeeper that gives players confidence.
Moncur needs confidence.
We as fans need to start singing to make roots hall a fortress and the noise might spur the players on. The west stand today was like a library.
Does 3 coaches work? All must have different ideas and must clash over the ideas.

Venting frustration on fans forums is more than warranted, but RH should be a fortress and getting on Kev and the players backs isn't going to help confidence, which currently, we are lacking. For sure it's hard when emotions are high, because it's fair to say at the moment we are dog ****e and these losses are painful to watch and accept.

The criticism I do have with Kev, is set pieces. Again, I couldn't understand why we have 11 back and said the same last week. We cannot defend set pieces which has shown again and again with the goals we're letting in. KAF marking a tall player in the box .... pointless. Better off up pitch keeping a couple of defenders out the way. The other issue I have is delaying substitutions. Game was crying out to take off Bonne for Pepple and waiting again till we go 2-0 down, it's all too late. That said, aside Pepple, I don't think Kev has faith or enough quality on the bench to change things, and that criticism has to go to John Still. He's done OK with some signings, but certainly this season it hasn't been good enough. When we lost Cards and Kens, (which could happen anytime with a long term injury) why didn't we have 2-3 players to target as replacement. This was Stan's model and we haven't followed it. Still IMO, has dropped the ball.

Bonne was clearly a gamble, which hasn't paid off, and he's a big problem right now. Moncur too was another we pinned our hopes on and early signs looked good. But another who isn't in my view, doing enough for the team. Then there are other lacking confidence, like Crowther, Collin, Bridgey, who need support and fans not turning on them. Kev has some serious sorting out to do for sure and fast.

So we should stick with Kev and the same old plan A just because there isn't anyone available to replace him? I'm not having that, sorry. I might be naive in my thinking but I still believe we are a club that a lot of managers down at this level would like the chance to manage. If the COSU believe they have found someone, they should do whatever it takes to get their man.
Don't disagree with your logic but who? Perhaps a young ambitious Manager at Weymouth.....remember Mark Moseley?
Watching the Post-Match interview with Kev you could see the anger, commitment and having the club at heart but heh lets ship him out and get Brown back again!
78 days now into to new take over period. Lets get the club on a sound Financial footing, give Kev the resources he needs during a transfer window when we compete on a even footing and if in a years time we are still playing **** then I agree time for him to go. Getting rid of now in my opinion (which you obviously disagree with) is not what we should do. We need to let this whole thing settle down after the takeover, Kensdale, Cardwell etc.

Last edited:
Back