• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

Highlight of the afternoon was the Snickers I ate at half time. I honestly cannot take watching this dross, I suspect I'll be staying away until at least January and hoping things improve. As for ratings; Collin - 0, Bridge, KAF, Bim and Morton - 5, everyone else - 1.

Sorry to all the Kev lovers but it’s time for him to go. We are not progressing we are going backwards. The players play a way that he wants and is poor.! Side to side and backwards just how he played. There is no tempo it’s all very slow. He seems to love Bonne for some reason but I’ve seen more in pepple than him but he sits on the bench. The buck stops with Kev, the players seem to have no confidence in his way of playing. Something needs to change or there is no point doing up a ground in the national league south.!
Going backwards like the players passing- abysmal

I know some people weren’t massive fans of Kensdale as a player because he had the odd mistake in him. But ****ing hell, what a downgrade Crowther has been from him.

Bonne poor again. Why did we wait until we were 2-0 down to bring Pepple on?

I really struggle to see how things are going to click with this group of players. A big player turnaround is needed across January and the summer if we are to be competitive next season.

Sorry to all the Kev lovers but it’s time for him to go. We are not progressing we are going backwards. The players play a way that he wants and is poor.! Side to side and backwards just how he played. There is no tempo it’s all very slow. He seems to love Bonne for some reason but I’ve seen more in pepple than him but he sits on the bench. The buck stops with Kev, the players seem to have no confidence in his way of playing. Something needs to change or there is no point doing up a ground in the national league south.!
Think this post is really the harsh truth. Kev has been a great servant to this club but relegation is unthinkable and changes are needed before it's too late?

So glad I haven't been for the last few games. Unfortunately though I think a lot of people will also think like this and are good attendances will very soon start to dwindle.
I’m certainly not going to the Eastleigh game now. Not after that crap…..and I was listening to the wireless whilst at work. I’m happy I chose to do a weekend job instead of heading down to Essex for that!

We knew when we signed Bonne and Moncur they weren’t players who would want to press constantly

We have not adapted to that and looked to hold a shape. Instead, we have kept a similar setup and the press is bypassed constantly

I know some people weren’t massive fans of Kensdale as a player because he had the odd mistake in him. But ****ing hell, what a downgrade Crowther has been from him.

Bonne poor again. Why did we wait until we were 2-0 down to bring Pepple on?

I really struggle to see how things are going to click with this group of players. A big player turnaround is needed across January and the summer if we are to be competitive next season.
Always maintained Kensdale was the best player at the club. Evidence shows that to be true.
Now...he had to go and that's not kevs or Crowthers fault and difficult to replace without smashing some cash.....which isn't going to happen so here we are.

With a very sad heart I have to agree that it's time for a change. Kev has worked wonders and I love him to bits but it's becoming obvious his tactics are abysmal and he doesn't have a plan B

This afternoon was like stepping back to the dark days of division 1 and 2 relegation seasons and it was completely unacceptable.

No doubt all the usual excuses will follow on here about lack of pre season, the 🤡 ruining everything, the players need time to gel, the new players are still not match fit etc etc. personally I am sick of hearing them now.

We are a very poor NL side with some quality players the likes of Maidenhead would love to have in their team but we are so negative and look like a bunch thrown together who have never met each other before.

There are clearly very serious problems at our club and unless something drastic happens soon COSU will have to face up to the distinct possibility of us playing in the 6th tier of football, I wonder if all parties will stay loyal and keep putting their hard earned money in then?

Stunned. And then it was easy to point out what was wrong. So many players out of form at the same time. So negative when a goal down, sideways, sideways and back to Collin, Ggrrr. The tallest player left unmarked...Twice, FFS. Missed chances. The decision making sometimes was like they had been smoking the funny stuff.
Hats off to Maidenhead, they played a basic 442, and everyone knew their job, and they certainly did a job on us. Their keeper made a few blinding saves as well.

Back