• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Some Chelsea Ticket Info

Not 100% sure, but I do know for web sites that it is now illegal to hold the CV2 security code in any database, meaning it would be impossible for them to charge your card automatically...

No it isn't.

Think you'll find it is - I've worked in web design a long time (now own my own business) and it's a recent law.

Happy to be corrected if you find the proof.

I work in Credit Card / Debit Card fraud... ;)

And you are saying that its legal for FULL credit card details (including the CV2) to be stored in the same database on, for example an e-commerce website?...

If details have been supplied to the Retailer/ Another person etc etc... then they can use those details - If they mis-use those details, it's what's known as a retailer dispute - If the company has been used by the customer before, you would find it bloody hard for a bank to take on a fraud claim.

If details have been supplied to the Retailer/ Another person etc etc... then they can use those details - If they mis-use those details, it's what's known as a retailer dispute - If the company has been used by the customer before, you would find it bloody hard for a bank to take on a fraud claim.

As a web developer, we get it rammed down our throats on an almost monthly basis that it's now strict internet law (which is maybe where we are conflicting) that under no circumstances should card details - particularly the CV2 be stored in any fashion - encrypted or not.

As far as I was aware, this also applies to offline data too.

You seem to know your onions though :)

So if you are not on the SUFC database but have attended games this season do you qualify for a ticket from Sunday?

e.g., we often attend as a group and one person buys the tickets for all of us so only his details are on the SUFC database - is only that person allowed to buy 1 ticket for the replay?

Could you become a member tomorrow and then secure a ticket??

Sure there was a cut-off for the 1st game - i.e. had to be registered by 1st October 2008 for example.

Nothing been mentioned this time - just that you have to be registered. Be fairer if it didnt count the Crewe game as that would ensure that no Chelsea fans could get tickets in the Southend end.

This teamcard thingy has become a bit of a saver, especially when i got it for free. I was living in nottingham last year, so went to almost every away game, so the kind lass in the ticket office offered it to me for free.

For those who dont get a ticket, its live on ITV 8.10pm kick off

So what will be easy buying online or telephone. Will try both on Sunday morning like many others. Will make sure I don't go out Saturday night andbe online and on the telephone sunday morning.
I am glad its online and telephone sales only but they should make it a requirement to attend the Crewe game to boost the crowd.

I see that I have started something of a legal debate but could somebody tell me if I will get my ticket automatically......please.

I see that I have started something of a legal debate but could somebody tell me if I will get my ticket automatically......please.

Nope....if you are a seaso, your seat will be reserved until Thurs. Up to you to confirm it online/phone, etc before its released to anyone else.

Being one of many who will attempt to purchase by phone or online on sunday, what concerns me is the post. The club wont put them in the 'letter box or whatever till sunday night. There is only 1 collection these days which is usually between 4-6 p.m on weekdays. Therefore if your ticket doe's not drop through the letterbox on tuesday then fans will be sweating on match day that their ticket arrives whenever the post doe's ( not till lunchtime where i am in leigh) and will have to go home after work first to collect it. This may not be possible for fans living a distance away and even for fans who are commuters and have to go straight to the ground after work. Anyone got a solution about this scenario?.

Being one of many who will attempt to purchase by phone or online on sunday, what concerns me is the post. The club wont put them in the 'letter box or whatever till sunday night. There is only 1 collection these days which is usually between 4-6 p.m on weekdays. Therefore if your ticket doe's not drop through the letterbox on tuesday then fans will be sweating on match day that their ticket arrives whenever the post doe's ( not till lunchtime where i am in leigh) and will have to go home after work first to collect it. This may not be possible for fans living a distance away and even for fans who are commuters and have to go straight to the ground after work. Anyone got a solution about this scenario?.

Good point- I would assume that you would be able to pick up tickets on match day as per 'normal' . I know when I haveve bought tickets two days b4 match day the ticket office has recommened this for the reasons you stated

best of luck

Dave

Confused. Am I right here. I can order my tickets over the phone for 3 STH's but have to pay an additional £5 per ticket to get them posted? or I can get one of us to queue down at roots hall and avoid paying the £15?

Confused. Am I right here. I can order my tickets over the phone for 3 STH's but have to pay an additional £5 per ticket to get them posted? or I can get one of us to queue down at roots hall and avoid paying the £15?

Your choice, except I would expect it to be £5 per order not per ticket.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back