• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

Didn’t notice much change last night from opening day (although not sure what I was expecting). Would like to see a plan for improving the old girl.
Scoreboard worked all game though and pitch looked better so that’s a plus

The scoreboard was very impressive, just a shame you couldnt see most of it from where I was in the west stand...

Small moan but I notice burgers have gone up to a fiver and they’ve not changed in quality at all. The queuing situation is ridiculous and needs sorting. The west snack bars and the bit round the back are stuck in the 1980s. I’d be amazed if serious rework to these areas isn’t high on the COSU agenda.

I think our PA man is poor, to be honest. Can't even pronounce our own manager's name correctly and leaving the mic. on was really unprofessional in the second half.
It wasn't Micky's mic that was left on, there are other mic points at the music/dj site and also within the main stadium office area. I suspect it was the dj one to blame. Poor that no one seemed "on it" and the turning off of the half time lights in the stands.

It wasn't Micky's mic that was left on, there are other mic points at the music/dj site and also within the main stadium office area. I suspect it was the dj one to blame. Poor that no one seemed "on it" and the turning off of the half time lights in the stands.
Well, according to the commentary, they left it pretty late turning on the floodlights.

I think our PA man is poor, to be honest. Can't even pronounce our own manager's name correctly and leaving the mic. on was really unprofessional in the second half.
To me, he's one of the worst things about the soccer club we all know and love. Nothing personal but as mentioned above, he can't even pronounce Kevin Maher correctly, let alone half of the players names. No charisma, no enthusiasm - at least he's stopped promoting pubs at half time, but he needs to go for me.

To me, he's one of the worst things about the soccer club we all know and love. Nothing personal but as mentioned above, he can't even pronounce Kevin Maher correctly, let alone half of the players names. No charisma, no enthusiasm - at least he's stopped promoting pubs at half time, but he needs to go for me.
Say all that to his face and maybe he will (if that's what you're into).

i still struggle to get why people bring sandwiches and crisps to a football match when they can get a bite to eat at the ground?

If i take a sandwich and crisps then i have to bring a bag, i dont want the hassle. I just want to go to the kiosk, get my burger and eat it. Its much less hassle then taking an extra bag, on top of a scarf, hat in the winter.

The food and drink situation will get better and will improve but it will take time
Think you answered your own question. :Winking:

For what its worth, I'm one of those who takes a bag. I live in Stratford, which admittedly is not that far out, but by the time I get to the ground I'm usually craving a snack or two - Haribo and crisps mostly - then sometimes I'll go to the Fish House afterwards.

I am afraid that your rumour starting has no substance on this occasion.

Micky often turns the mic on when a sub is about to be made, however, sometimes the subs are delayed and he is left waiting.

This happened a few times last night and all times, I turned his volume down as soon as I realised each sub time was prolonged ensuring that no choice words were potentially broadcast (not that there was).

With regards to the German TV/radio channel, that is the ghost of Roots Hall! I have absolutely no control over it, I even turned off the mixer and turned the amps down. Problem was in turning the amps down it turns down the mic and additional security PA which is absolutely something that cannot happen.

The German TV/radio has been ongoing for years although has never EVER previously come out during games. Normally it can be heard in an unopen stadium (much to the amusement and fear of any late workers). That was a first. It is coming through the frequency of the amps and is an issue that is will need to he sorted going forward.

It did raise a few laughs last night though for sure!

If it happens again @They Call It Madness!!! I will let him know asap. Last night when it happened he seemed to be checking his mic to make sure it was off off and off. Might be a problem with the mic and not just Micky being a dipstick. Hence my thought it wasn't him.

If it happens again @They Call It Madness!!! I will let him know asap. Last night when it happened he seemed to be checking his mic to make sure it was off off and off. Might be a problem with the mic and not just Micky being a dipstick. Hence my thought it wasn't him.
Dipstick! Now that is a word I've not heard for a while.

In fairness his mic was playing up when the stadium opened but sorted itself out (on and off always works).

Since 1982 my matchday experience hasn't changed much. All seater became a thing at RH, other than that meh.
We've never really had the facilities to change it. I'd love to get to the ground early and grab something to eat or drink etc, however its all a bit of a ball ache and rubbish. Fingers crossed for better choices etc.
For example I attend the NFL games at spurs and that is the greatest gameday experience I've had in any stadium anywhere, phenomenal facilities and every sports fan wish catered for.

I am afraid that your rumour starting has no substance on this occasion.

Micky often turns the mic on when a sub is about to be made, however, sometimes the subs are delayed and he is left waiting.

This happened a few times last night and all times, I turned his volume down as soon as I realised each sub time was prolonged ensuring that no choice words were potentially broadcast (not that there was).

With regards to the German TV/radio channel, that is the ghost of Roots Hall! I have absolutely no control over it, I even turned off the mixer and turned the amps down. Problem was in turning the amps down it turns down the mic and additional security PA which is absolutely something that cannot happen.

The German TV/radio has been ongoing for years although has never EVER previously come out during games. Normally it can be heard in an unopen stadium (much to the amusement and fear of any late workers). That was a first. It is coming through the frequency of the amps and is an issue that is will need to he sorted going forward.

It did raise a few laughs last night though for sure!
You're not using old HH amps, are you?
They used to be handy for listening to local taxi radio messages.

Bit awkward in the middle of a gig, though.

Back