• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

I appreciate you cannot ever please everybody, but at full time after wins, can the music please reduce when the players go over to the W block? Always looks great from the East but all we hear is the music and not the atmosphere/celebration.
Noted - thank you.

Things like this help. Sometimes the West sing twist and shout (and it sounds brilliant).

I have to be honest it's really hard to gage the levels at the moment, a more full stadium coupled with unknown level changes over the summer. We will get there.

As I say, thank you for the request.

I'll be honest here. I don't get the obsession with beer at a football match, especially those who miss parts of the game just to beat the queue. Surely before or after the game in the pub is more pleasurable and less stressful.
Actually we're trying to help out the club by spending some money in the stadium rather than it all in the local pubs, Spreading (pun alert) the love, if you like... To be honest, most of the beers that have previously been available have not really been to my taste quality wise but I'll take the hit to help the revenue to the club. However, if it means I'm going to have to miss goals then it's now a no... Shout out to Smiffy and/or Badge for getting the beers in!!! 👍

W Block were immense last night. I was with friends and family in the centre of the West (so couldn't go in there on this occasion), but a few of us were joining in and it spread across the west really well. Shows what TBV and an early goal can do ! Defo should turn the music off at the end, and also leave it off as the players come out of the tunnels at the start.

I think the area at the rear of the West could be totally redesigned. Why not move the turnstyles much further towards Shakespeare Ave. Then, use the whole of that area as a meeting place and refreshment area.
If we now intend on staying at Roots Hall for the forseeable future then long term I'd like to see the entire structure attached to the back of the West Stand removed and rebuilt to modern standards. Instead of having a closed off bar with very little room inside they could have a big open area with increased capacity. Also as others have said we should level off the whole area so we're not left with that wasted raised space at the back of the stand. When we have nigh on 3K in the West having one small bar and a couple of hot food counters just doesn't cut it anymore and queuing up at the back of the stand when it's busy is a nightmare.

I have been harpering on for years regarding the facilities at the back of the West suggesting switching the opening for the bar/ food outlet to be switched to the outside area which would then leave the walkway along the back easier to navigate.
It shouldn’t take that much to complete and it would certainly enhance the appearance too.

Had a burger last night, and for the first time, it was stone cold. Good to see some smiles from the kiosk staff while serving though.

The West Stand concourse is high on the agenda for attention. Had the sale gone through earlier, it had been hoped to have major changes in place for this season.

Also pleased to see that, although my email last match went unanswered, they have changed the scoreboard so that half time scores are names rather than undistinguishable club badges.

Still no Bovril.
Was good to see you if only briefly!

Well, according to the commentary, they left it pretty late turning on the floodlights.
This was mentioned during the stadium tour. The floodlights cost a fortune to run £10 a minute x 4 = £40 a minute. They want to install new efficient ones but there is a massive cost associated to this. This is also part of the issue with the electricity company and the outstanding bills being so high hence the payment plan. It's easy to forget the blackhole of debt COSU are servicing because of the Rat Family.

It would be good if the fans/Shrimpers Trust could help with this...

This was mentioned during the stadium tour. The floodlights cost a fortune to run £10 a minute x 4 = £40 a minute. They want to install new efficient ones but there is a massive cost associated to this. This is also part of the issue with the electricity company and the outstanding bills being so high hence the payment plan. It's easy to forget the blackhole of debt COSU are servicing because of the Rat Family.

It would be good if the fans/Shrimpers Trust could help with this...

Installing LED floodlights would cut energy bills by more than half and they reach full.power within seconds. The Premier League has a LED floodlights fund which will pay 70% of the cost for clubs at steps 1 to 6 of the pyramid.

Installing LED floodlights would cut energy bills by more than half and they reach full.power within seconds. The Premier League has a LED floodlights fund which will pay 70% of the cost for clubs at steps 1 to 6 of the pyramid.
Yeah I had a quick read up on this after hearing about it. 30% of the cost would still be some figure though

I thought we switched to LED about 5 years ago. That's why we now have shadows everywhere on the pitch.

Our floodlights imo used to be the brightest in the land!

I guess 5 years old is a long time in the way things have evolved.

Rochdale said their floodlights cost £300 per hour last year while ours apparently cost £2400 per hour.
Assuming the floodlights are on for 3 hours a match for a rough estimate of 15 matches where they are needed due to nights drawing in, evening games etc it would cost £108,000 a year vs £6,750 a year.

That to me is a no brainer if true

Edit:
Updated figures which were wrong. Even so thats the price a Kabongo Tshimanga with room for another

Last edited:
Assuming the floodlights are on for 3 hours a match for a rough estimate of 15 matches where they are needed due to nights drawing in, evening games etc it would cost £216,000 a year vs £6,750 a year.

And for sure will turn any of the new FA mickey mouse non league/U21 cup games into big deficits.

This was mentioned during the stadium tour. The floodlights cost a fortune to run £10 a minute x 4 = £40 a minute.

ours apparently cost £4800 per hour.
Its a big jump to go from £40 a minute to £4800 per hour

Assuming the floodlights are on for 3 hours a match for a rough estimate of 15 matches where they are needed due to nights drawing in, evening games etc it would cost £216,000 a year vs £6,750 a year.

£40 per minute x 3 hours x 15 matches comes to £108,000 per year.

No idea which figure is correct but shows how you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Back