• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

From where I am sitting, the fact that we still have a club who is playing matches at Roots Hall, and who will remain at Roots hall is to me the best experience.

All the annoyances and little things people get upset about are not actually an issue in the bigger picture. There are now (finally) decent custodians in place, who have a plan to make things better. Its a journey, and we are still very much on the starting blocks. Patience!! All the moaning is getting very boring already!

From where I am sitting, the fact that we still have a club who is playing matches at Roots Hall, and who will remain at Roots hall is to me the best experience.

All the annoyances and little things people get upset about are not actually an issue in the bigger picture. There are now (finally) decent custodians in place, who have a plan to make things better. Its a journey, and we are still very much on the starting blocks. Patience!! All the moaning is getting very boring already!
Ah! Patience and Bigger Picture words beyond the understanding of some unfortunately 😕 but definitely get where you are coming from 👍

Ok, where needs soap? I will go and buy a bulk load and get it put in the loos.

That’s really kind, but it shouldn’t get to this should it.

I know COSU have big plans, and there is a **** load of stuff to be done. This was raised after the York game, this is our third home game, you’d hope it would be rectified by now when it’s something so simple.

I know just how much they’ve spent before owning the club, and since. I know they have big plans, but something like this is such a simple win.

We aren’t talking about the lay out of the West Stand, or moving fans from one place to another, we are talking about soap in toilets.

The big stuff will be an off season job. You’d think after the York game an order would go in with a supplier, or someone would pop out to the shops to sort.

That’s really kind, but it shouldn’t get to this should it.

I know COSU have big plans, and there is a **** load of stuff to be done. This was raised after the York game, this is our third home game, you’d hope it would be rectified by now when it’s something so simple.

I know just how much they’ve spent before owning the club, and since. I know they have big plans, but something like this is such a simple win.

We aren’t talking about the lay out of the West Stand, or moving fans from one place to another, we are talking about soap in toilets.

The big stuff will be an off season job. You’d think after the York game an order would go in with a supplier, or someone would pop out to the shops to sort.
Yep, I don't get what the issue is.

Are we that understaffed and skint that someone can't nip round the toilets and chuck a couple of Carex bottles and bog roll in each toilet?

It's beyond basic levels and this sort of stuff shouldn't be happening. No excuses.

We've got upwards of 8,000 people attending at the moment, we need to be making a good impression. 3rd world sanitation is not it.

Are we that understaffed and skint that someone can't nip round the toilets and chuck a couple of Carex bottles and bog roll in each toilet?

It's beyond basic levels and this sort of stuff shouldn't be happening. No excuses.

We've got upwards of 8,000 people attending at the moment, we need to making a good impression. 3rd world sanitation is not it.
It’s basic hygiene and needs sorting asap

I dont wish to throw anybody under the bus (©️philbrown). But could it just be that the staff in charge of these things have been doing it so long under the previous regime that complacency has set in? Maybe some job roles need redefining in terms of new expectations.

I dont wish to throw anybody under the bus (©️philbrown). But could it just be that the staff in charge of these things have been doing it so long under the previous regime that complacency has set in? Maybe some job roles need redefining in terms of new expectations.
Agree, I’m sure many don’t like picking up on easy quick fit problems but now the rat is no longer about we the paying loyal fans deserve better services,please don’t take us for granted like you know who did, the days of under average food,drinks and awful toilet conditions must be rectified, no excuses.

We've got upwards of 8,000 people attending at the moment, we need to be making a good impression. 3rd world sanitation is not it.
I do think the Consortium would benefit from going to sit in different parts of the ground for the next match. They’ll pick up on so many little things.

Ultimately I think the issue is the lack of a stadium manager. Dave Jobson was never replaced was he when he was retired was he? I doubt that’s now included in the budget going forward.

I see they are advertising for an assistant groundsman. It really needs an odd job man/caretaker type person who can fix all these things.

Or maybe some of the bits are not being done because the people that used to do it are no longer there

Back