• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

The Shrimpers bar was open at halftime. There were over 70 people in there. It was used last few games of last season too.
I think the plan is to keep it open at half time if it proves worthwhile. Unfortunately the far post is limited to 100 people. Obviously with the pre orders it is quite difficult to manage the numbers and keep everyone happy. On Saturday the idea was to let pre orders in first and send others down to the Shrimpers. I think it worked quite well in the end.
Didn't that technically mean leaving the ground though ? Or was there a route within the ground ?

A good day, result was fair. Most things were as good as expected them to be.
My moan, (always a moan) is at the folk who sit and stand around in the (limited numbers) main East Stand Bar (and Shrimpers) not having a refreshment, nor spending money etc, but just watching tele or chatting. Ordinarily that would be okay BUT not when paying punters are queued up to spend money outside yet can't get in for H&S numbers.
At £8.50 for a double whiskey maybe I should be happy I could not get in?

The Shrimpers bar was open at halftime. There were over 70 people in there. It was used last few games of last season too.
I think the plan is to keep it open at half time if it proves worthwhile. Unfortunately the far post is limited to 100 people. Obviously with the pre orders it is quite difficult to manage the numbers and keep everyone happy. On Saturday the idea was to let pre orders in first and send others down to the Shrimpers. I think it worked quite well in the end.
Was it? Well, I never knew that!

Report from the East Blacks...

Got there early as a concerted effort by me and my mates to put money into the club. No problems in the Far Post. Otherwise not staggeringly different to last year and given the short timescale COSU have been in charge, I really wasn't expecting anything to have changed.

What would be interesting is to learn from COSU if there was a marked increase in the matchday non ticket revenue.

Hate having a moan off (I'd rather call it constructive criticism) but **** me the bar situation in the West needs to be sorted immediately. This mainly relates to HT, but before the game isn't much better either...

No HT pre-orders anymore, bar kept open through the first half (positive), but the queue was along the back of the west and around the corner. I left my seat at 35 mins into the game to get a HT beer. I received my beer just as Gus scored the second goal. Approx. 35-40 mins to be served!....absolutely nuts.

One half of the bar is sitting there doing nothing. More pumps, more hands on and more pre-pouring needed as a minimum. But going forward COSU need to look at transforming the layout, serving hatches out to the back of the stand, mobile units etc.

There is soooo much money to be made here and I am sure in time COSU will get it sorted. But right now it is incredibly frustrating and quite a bit of a H&S issue to be honest. Lots of women and young girls in particular were getting frustrated at having their access to toilets blocked etc. Plus it will just continue putting people off wanting to spend in the ground, which is a real shame as the intent from fans is clearly there.

But I am afraid that is a fiver (at least) from me the club won't be getting at HT now, until it is addressed.

Report from the East Blacks...

Got there early as a concerted effort by me and my mates to put money into the club. No problems in the Far Post. Otherwise not staggeringly different to last year and given the short timescale COSU have been in charge, I really wasn't expecting anything to have changed.

What would be interesting is to learn from COSU if there was a marked increase in the matchday non ticket revenue.
We got there 19.10, queue already outside Far Post,again - looking in wistfully folks jawing watching tv etc but not supping. gave up and bought a £2 water.

Hate having a moan off, but **** me the bar situation in the West needs to be sorted immediately.

No HT pre-orders anymore, bar kept open through the first half (positive), but the queue was along the back of the west and around the corner. I left my seat at 35 mins into the game to get a HT beer. I received my beer just as Gus scored the second goal. Approx. 35 mins + to be served!....absolutely nuts.

One half of the bar is sitting there doing nothing. More pumps, more hands on and more pre-pouring needed as a minimum. But going forward COSU need to look at transforming the layout, serving hatches out to the back of the stand, mobile units etc.

There is soooo much money to be made here and I am sure in time COSU will get it sorted. But right now it is incredibly frustrating and quite a bit of a H&S issue to be honest. Plus it will just continue putting people off wanting to spend in the ground, which is a real shame as the intent from fans is there.
It was a good idea to open the bar throughout the first half but to then not take any half time pre-orders IMO completely defeated the object of it all. I think it is a must they convert that whole room to one long bar and put 3 serving hatches facing outwards towards the back of the West stand. They can then have more staff and more pumps in a much bigger area. The room as it stands is pretty useless if they want to create more income.

From the 6th of October until the 25th we are only playing away , that would give shop fitters more than enough time to convert the bar.

Hate having a moan off, but **** me the bar situation in the West needs to be sorted immediately.

No HT pre-orders anymore, bar kept open through the first half (positive), but the queue was along the back of the west and around the corner. I left my seat at 35 mins into the game to get a HT beer. I received my beer just as Gus scored the second goal. Approx. 35 mins + to be served!....absolutely nuts.

There is soooo much money to be made here and I am sure in time COSU will get it sorted. But right now it is incredibly frustrating and quite a bit of a H&S issue to be honest. Plus it will just continue putting people off wanting to spend in the ground, which is a real shame as the intent from fans is there. But I am afraid that is a fiver from me the club won't be getting at HT now, until it is addressed.
I'm sure they'll get that sorted in time. They know that's a massive income generator and ruins the matchday experience. I had eaten already, but my daughter treated herself to a burger. The service was pretty quick and she really enjoyed it. Well, her comments were "they're so bad, they're really good"... whatever that means.

One thing I found strange last night, was only having one person serving in the groundsman bar (think that’s the name, underneath the east).

I got there after work, and my mate had already got me a beer. When I went up to get a second about 7:25, it was a long wait and I basically had to down the pint to get in a wee before taking my new seat.

Plenty of people queuing at the bar, and the bar lady did a great job, but she needed another pair of hands as a minimum there with her.

Loved having cruzcampo and Amstel on tap in there, much better and a good selection of bottled beers and alcohol free beers too.

Hate having a moan off (I'd rather call it constructive criticism) but **** me the bar situation in the West needs to be sorted immediately. This mainly relates to HT, but before the game isn't much better either...

No HT pre-orders anymore, bar kept open through the first half (positive), but the queue was along the back of the west and around the corner. I left my seat at 35 mins into the game to get a HT beer. I received my beer just as Gus scored the second goal. Approx. 35-40 mins to be served!....absolutely nuts.

There is soooo much money to be made here and I am sure in time COSU will get it sorted. But right now it is incredibly frustrating and quite a bit of a H&S issue to be honest. Lots of women and young girls in particular were getting frustrated at having their access to toilets blocked etc. Plus it will just continue putting people off wanting to spend in the ground, which is a real shame as the intent from fans is clearly there.

But I am afraid that is a fiver (at least) from me the club won't be getting at HT now, until it is addressed.
This is why, I moved to the East

The gents toilets in the SE corner are shocking 🥴🥴 The one near the First Aid post was closed off last night, mind you the floor had an inch of urine covering it at the end of the York game. The one near the tea bar just has traps and no urinal. The wash basins have faulty taps. How they pass a H&S inspection, gawd knows. Not quite the gents in the away end at the old Vetch Field but a reminder.

I enjoyed the classical music over the tannoy during the second half. Although thinking I'd prefer a bit of soul music next time.

PS. Might be worth giving Micky G a nudge that the league hasn't been called the Vauxhall Conference for some years now...

I think the area at the rear of the West could be totally redesigned. Why not move the turnstyles much further towards Shakespeare Ave. Then, use the whole of that area as a meeting place and refreshment area.
Nice idea, but I think someone already mentioned we need the emergency access gates so it's not possible.

I think the area at the rear of the West could be totally redesigned. Why not move the turnstyles much further towards Shakespeare Ave. Then, use the whole of that area as a meeting place and refreshment area.
Agree.

The whole back of the West needs levelling. so much space is wasted with the concrete slab half wall that runs along the length. Would be ample room to knock some holes out of the bar and kitchen walls and put serving hatches that side, to reduce the queues on the walkway at the back of the seats.

All stuff I am sure COSU have on the list.

I enjoyed the classical music over the tannoy during the second half. Although thinking I'd prefer a bit of soul music next time.

PS. Might be worth giving Micky G a nudge that the league hasn't been called the Vauxhall Conference for some years now...
I think our PA man is poor, to be honest. Can't even pronounce our own manager's name correctly and leaving the mic. on was really unprofessional in the second half.

Agree.

The whole back of the West needs levelling. so much space is wasted with the concrete slab half wall that runs along the length. Would be ample room to knock some holes out of the bar and kitchen walls and put serving hatches that side, to reduce the queues on the walkway at the back of the seats.

All stuff I am sure COSU have on the list.
Absolutely, Surely they could build a much more space efficient retaining wall (if that's what it is) - open it up and make it into a West Stand fanzone. Serving hatches at the rear make so much more sense than blocking the circulation area with multiple queues at the back of the seats.

Would love to know what their plans are for refurbing the ground. However it seems to be pretty much radio silence on this - don't really understand why.

Sounded like a WWII documentary to me

Reactions: fbm
Back